PDA

View Full Version : Advice please asap!!!

nic t
08-02-2012, 08:04 PM
My dd (7) fell off the arm of the sofa earlier straight on to the hard floor.:panic:

Lots of tears and a lump on knee, but she could walk (painful) and bend it (again painful)

It is now a large red lump (bit patchy) with blue bruising around the edge, it is right on her knee bone, and she says it hurts (she is a drama queen though.

I know it is very difficult to judge without seeing but am on the verge of taking her down local urgent care at hospital? Thing is I am a worrier (worried that it has been bleeding and it could clot!!!:blush:) and not sure if I am being irrational?

Thanks

Mouse
08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I always think better to be safe than sorry. It's better to go & get her checked out & be told it's fine, than to leave it and find out later that she has done some damage.

You're going to worry about it all night if not, so I'd pop her along to the hospital and let them take a look at it :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
i would take her too.....better be safe than sorry

mandy xxxx

kellib
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I'd take her, my son fell one afternoon and cried a bit, I thought he was doing his usual drama nonsense, he's broken his collarbone!!

Hope she's ok x

sarah707
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I'd always get things like this checked out just to be sure.

Hugs to your dd xx

WibbleWobble
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
as someone who put their daughter to bed after a tumble to wake up next day with a child with a broken leg....i still say go and get her looked at

in my defence she was nonverbal autistic.....

not in my defence i was a qualified nurse.......

mandy xxxxx

nic t
08-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone for your quick replies.

DH has taken her down the road just incase. I suppose that's what the service is there for!

Love her to bits but she loves abit of drama so you can never tell how bad things really are with her.

It did look very sore though. :(

nic t
08-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Well I am feeling like one over-protective mother!

Just badly bruised. Feel like I wasted their time but at least I know she is ok.

Tealady
08-02-2012, 10:29 PM

Just badly bruised. Feel like I wasted their time but at least I know she is ok.

Our Dr's and A&E never mind seeing children and always say that I've done the right thing bringing my DD/DS in, even if it's turned out to be something or nothing.

angeldelight
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Glad she is ok

I do not think you are over protective .... just a caring loving mom

I would have done the same

Hope she is ok

Angel xx

nic t
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Our Dr's and A&E never mind seeing children and always say that I've done the right thing bringing my DD/DS in, even if it's turned out to be something or nothing.

I know you are right! DH took her so it's not them that has made me feel like that, just myself!

Also was much better to get her checked out tonight rather than when I have a house full tomorrow. I think she will be very sore in the morning though.

EmmaReed84
09-02-2012, 06:23 AM
I know you are right! DH took her so it's not them that has made me feel like that, just myself!

Also was much better to get her checked out tonight rather than when I have a house full tomorrow. I think she will be very sore in the morning though.

I would rather go and see the doctor for a million times for "it's nothing s/he is fine" then not go and it "not be fine"

You would feel much worse if she didnt go and then it was something to worry about... xxx Pleased it is only bruising though x