PDA

View Full Version : Mindee locked himself in the car!!!

EmmaReed84
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
OMG, Mum just came to collect mindees, she strapped youngest in and usually lets the older one sit in her seat and wait. As she was strapping them in she remembered she wanted to ask a question about car seats for her eldest.

She came and knocked on my door and I came out, showed her my seats then we hear "Click" mindee managed to find the tiniest button on the dashboard which locks ALL the doors... where was Mum's keys? In the ignition (the engine was not on)

We have just spent about 3 minutes trying to get F to press the button which he found hilarious, he kept turning on the hazards and giggling while me and mum were telling him what button to press through the window... eventually I realised that by opening the driver door from the inside that usually unlocks all the doors... Fortunately F was strong enough to open it. Thank god!

F thought this was the funniest thing in the world and giggling so hard, Mum was laughing too but I could see she was becoming a little tense... luckily it was only a matter of minutes...

carebear25
08-02-2012, 07:12 PM
my son did this once when we got new car, id given him keys to hold shut the door 2 run back in2 house and hed locked the door. Luckily we have been playing with keys day b4 an he rembemberd how 2 do it... Keys stay in my hand now lol

keeks
08-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Good grief, you and mum must have been starting to panic! My friend's little brother did this once. He was in there for ages, laughing at them all, poor family!

Glad it all ended well - and pretty quickly!

xx

tess1981
09-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I had a mindee do the same... while locked in car (mum had put him in car and stood to talk to me so not my fault:)) he poured a bottle of water all over it, got his hand stuck in some gadget (twice) and was crying... his mum had to get someone to break into her house (opposite mine and at the cost of £40 to replace door handle) to get spare car keys.... glad he was not mine :D