PDA

View Full Version : Help with complaints policy.

jennyandchris
08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I am just updating all my policies and procedures. In my complaints policy I have put;
"If you feel the situation is not resolved after talking to us, you can talk in confidence to The Early Years Childminding Team on xx for help and support".
However, I don't think this is correct, as I think its just for London? Surely I should recommend parents phone my local family information service in Worcestershire for help?

Just wondered what everyone else recommends?

Thanks for any advice.

rickysmiths
08-02-2012, 12:09 PM
It is up to the parents where they may seek help or advise if they have a problem with you or the care you are offering.

You Complaints Policy needs to outline how you deal with their Complaint should they make one to you and waht they do if they are unhappy with your conclusions or they feel they can't talk to you direct. The 2 bits high lighted in red are a legal requirement of the Statutory framework of EYFS.

I have at the beginning of mine:

This procedure is based on that outlined in Ofsted's document, Building better services: Concerns and complaints about childcare providers (ref 070154). The full document is available online at www.ofsted.gov.uk/publications.

Then I the procedure is as follows and you may use it or any part of it if you wish..

Ideally, a formal complaints procedure should not be necessary. in the first instance, any concerns about the care I give should be discussed with me as soon as possible as comments at an early stage will usually resolve any problems or concerns, and help maintain good relationships. I also value such comments as a means to identifying ways I can improve my standards of care.

If you feel a problem has not been resolved to your satisfaction you should then make a formal complaint to me in writing or by email. I will investigate and consider your complaint. I will respond to complaints relating to EYFS or the Childcare Register within 28 days (though I would hope to respond more quickly). I will tell you about any action I have taken or intend to take. i will confirm this in writing or by email.

A record of any written complaint and the action taken will be kept in my Complaints File and will be shown to Ofsted at my next inspection or at any other time at their request. Any written complaints will also be recorded in a separate record which does not include children's names. These records may be viewed by any parent on request.

If you are not satisfied with the response, or if your complaint relates to an issue you feel unable to discuss with me, you can contact Ofsted. They will investigate your complaint as long as it relates to matters under their remit. They do not investigate what they regard as private matters between us. i.e. contractual or payment disputes and employment matters. if a complaint partially involves such issues, they will investigate those areas which fall within its remit and inform you of matters it is not permitted to investigate.

Complaints to Ofsted may be made in writing, by telephone, or in person to any member of Ofsted staff. Full details of the procedure followed by Ofsted are set out in Building better children's services and complaints about childcare providers (Ref. 070154).

Written complaints should be made to:

Give Ofsteds address and phone number here.

jennyandchris
08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
thanks for your reply. all sorted now!!

Kirstylob
24-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the advise.