PDA

View Full Version : settleing in

Diana67
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi can anyone help iv got NCMA contracts but what happens when child comes for say 1/2hrs settling in I dont want to waste a full contract and the temp ones are expensive to.Can I make a temp one up with just medical details ,emergency contact number and personal details for parent to sign.Then if they take up place I will complete full one and file the temp one does it all make sence.If so has anyone got a example of temp contract I know im cheeky but want everything in place for 1st mindie.

Thanks Diana

rickysmiths
08-02-2012, 12:14 AM
I do not do settling in unless the parents sign a full contract and pay a four weeks fees deposit which I keep to the end of the contract.

On page one of the NCMA contract there is a space to write in the settling in period which is usually the first four weeks. During this time either of you can cancel the contract without the four week notice period, so with immediate effect. On mine if the parents cancel the contract in this four weeks they loose their deposit as they would if they decided not to start the contract at all. If I decide I cant carry on with the contract either before it starts or in the four weeks settling in (only happened once in 17 years :thumbsup:) I return the deposit.

If the parent isn't willing to commit then I wouldn't want to work with them. I don't do try it and see sessions only proper settling in ones with a child who will hopefully be in my care for a good while.

Doing this then covers all the shorter settling in sessions in the first week or so.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Angela234
08-02-2012, 08:32 AM
i get contracts signed before settling in sessions i then offer up to 4hours free for settling in usually 2x2hours if anymore they pay