PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted due

NicoleW
07-02-2012, 07:14 AM
They were due in September, then I rang them up the other week to ask where they are and are now due out next month but I'm moving in the first week of April so asked if they could wait until April as I'd like to get registered for upstairs in my new house and the new house also has french doors leading to the conservatory and one of the panes of glass is shattered but it's being kept together by the safety thing so wanted to know what to do about that.

So bingo they agreed, it will be 7 months into my first ever mindee so I'd like to think I have enough in their learning journals to be used as evidence.

Really want to get this over and done with, I'm really hoping for a 'good' grading been working hard to get it, including trying to teach myself Makaton (which is going quite well at the moment).

Any tips from the experts? Any paperwork I'm definately going to need?

Velleity
07-02-2012, 07:20 AM
My inspector was most interested in Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity as well as how I was working in partnership with parents.

miffy
07-02-2012, 07:36 AM
My inspection was almost a year ago but safeguarding was a big part of it.

My advice is double check all your paperwork, check everything that should be signed is and that you have all the legal requirements covered.

I also had a look at reports in my area on the Ofsted website to see what inspectors are looking for - if you read what actions they are giving it's a good pointer what's hot in your area.

Above all have confidence in yourself. :)

Good luck
Miffy xx

peach
08-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Relax, try not to wory and fluster x

On my last inspection the inspector asked me why I thought I was a good childminder and my reply was ................. "because the children like me" :doh: