PDA

View Full Version : Your Calling

EmmaReed84
07-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Do you feel you are doing what you are supposed to be doing?

I love CMing, I really do. However I have always wanted to be a midwife, before I got pregnant, I met a friend of DH whose GF was doing mindwifery at uni. I remember thinking, I would love to do that... After having my own two children and 7 years later I still feel that desire to be a midwife...

Also as a second note, does anyone know what I need to go, or how I go about this?

Velleity
07-02-2012, 07:21 AM
I want to be a nutritionist for people unable to conceieve as I am sure in many, many cases, what they are eating, or not eating is the key.

Jellytots79
07-02-2012, 08:11 AM
I did look into doing midwiferey :) Even got an interview at uni for the course but didnt get a place :( I would love to do it but realistically I know the hours are really long and the shift work would keep me away from my family for far too long. I have a 3rd child too now, which is why I have decided on childminding :)

Jodie x

Roseolivia
07-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Working in childcare is my calling but maybe not as a childminder. I used to teach NVQ's to teenagers and i loved it, once my kids are older i'd love to get back into that but you never know what's around the corner.

mama2three
07-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Im sure what Im meant to be doing is relaxing and enjoying the lifestyle of the rich and not so famous.
Until then Ill stick to childminding!

Cammie Doodle
07-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Yes Im doing exactly what I love, tried Nursery, but it made me realise even more that this is my calling I love love love my job :blush: We have one Mum looking into becoming a Midwife, but dont know any details, sorry

PixiePetal
07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes - I am in the right job for me. I have been a nanny and had quite a free rein with both my long term jobs but like to be more in charge :) also done nursery school but love the tinies best, in a home environment :thumbsup:

Childcare for me is like breathing - comes naturally :)

The Juggler
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
my friend is a CM. one of her mindees mums gave up her job in marketing/sales in the summer to train as a midwife. it's a fulltime, 3 year course with placements. :)

emmadines
07-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Hello as most of you know, I am currently attempting to get into Uni to train as a paramedic, this is a 3year course and I am not going to lie, I don't 100%know what it intales.

I know the bulk of what it intales but not all of it. All Im gonna do is do my best while the pull is there.

Xxx

cher25
08-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Always wanted to work with kids. Wanted to be a nanny, but people put nursery nursing into my head. Did supply work in nurseries and hated most of the nurseries i worked in! :( Worked as a teaching assistant and enjoyed it, but not what i wanted as i prefer being with little ones. So childminding is the best thing for me. Just need some little ones to look after again now as down to 2 school aged children. :( Love them to bits though and get on great with the parents.

Tink
08-02-2012, 07:16 AM
I always wanted to work with children. I worked in a nursery for 12 years and had to agree with the boss when most of the time I didn't.
Now I am the boss and can make my business go where I want it to and I love it, no day is ever the same and that what I love, I also get to work with my DH which is a bonus, and also see my DD all the time when she is not at nursery:clapping: perfect.

maisiemog
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I want to be a nutritionist for people unable to conceieve as I am sure in many, many cases, what they are eating, or not eating is the key.

Me too! I know for a fact its one of the many reasons I cant! And I have spent hours researching this. Noticing how much better I feel the improvements...no baby though so maybe its just one of those things for us!!!

And no CMing is not my calling! I love it, but I know I wont be doing it forever! I want to teach RE. I am actually looking at starting my PGCE next Sept (2013) when my DD starts school. I should probably put the degree I spent 4 years and thousands of pounds on to use!

Rosy Days
08-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi there, I love childminding, although it has taken me a while to get used to working from home after working in an office for many years but like you I have ALWAYS wanted to be a midwife and still do, but with two young children I just think childminding is what I need to do at the moment.

I think if you look up universities near to you and search Midwifery you will be able to find out more about courses xx :)

loocyloo
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
i wanted to be a teacher, but didn't really want to enough, to put the effort into A levels & uni! if that makes sense? a friend talked about nursery nursing and i thought 'ah ha' ... i did my NNEB and worked as a nanny, and in nurseries, and have done alot of volunteering in schools. i enjoy being in school, but i love being at home with my tiddlies!

i can't think of another 'job' i would rather do! i'd like a few more hours in the day ;) but i just love being able to do what i ( and the children ) want to do and get paid for it!

Trouble
08-02-2012, 10:36 PM
i love the friends and kids i have with childminding but thats it oh and painting :D

But i always wanted to work with people with special needs so i applied for a job and this is what im going to do as of1st march:eek:

so time will tell if its me or not:thumbsup:

Ripeberry
08-02-2012, 11:51 PM
At the moment I'm in a good place. Have a responsible job, get to have fun, be there for my own kids and make people laugh with my art website. Never really knew what I wanted to do, but it's always been 'people related' and doing caring of some sort :)

LOOPYLISA
09-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I would love to have been a midwife, still keep thinking about it now! x