PDA

View Full Version : How do you work out your fees?

child_friendly
06-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I am in the process of starting out (still waiting for checks to clear and certifcate to come through and have some enquiries already :))and trying to figure out my fees. The average in my area is £3.25-£4. I am looking at charging £4 per hour between 8-6pm which includes snacks, drinks, breakfast and lunch, an extra £2 for dinner, some activities included, but special outings are not, out of hours £6 per hour, if i'm ill/child is ill- full fee, all holidays- full fee, bank holidays- double fee. How do i work out if this would bring me enough income or what it would be yearly? I am crap with maths..lol.. Does this sound ok?

AgentTink
06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
It all depends on what contracts you gt and how you fill your spaces, but at full capacity with 3 little ones you would be looking at roughly 9 hours a day times £4 = £36 times 3 you could have a day = £108 a day times 5 days = £540 times 52 weeks would be £28080.

You could then have before and after schoolies.

Then you need to factor in Minusing things such as expenses at roughly 33% (could be more especially in first year) and then you would need to put aside money for tax and ni.

And all of the above relies on the work you get, which can be far less than this!

So in response to your question it is very hard to actually say what you would earn annually until you get some contracts and start working.

Hope this helps with some of the Maths :o