PDA

View Full Version : Divorce /Mortgages

desiderata
05-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah me again, well Oh been here this weekend and the only things to sort out now are the houses and pensions. He remortgaged this one last year to get himself one . Now it would seem that I will need to get a mortgage if i want to stay in this house. I would like to because its good for my job and close to the school that I take children too.

I suppose I could look for something smaller but as its him who wants the divorce I dont see why I should
Anyone know if I can get more than a 50 50 split my kids are older now 22 and 27 this year ( yeah crafty *** waited ) xx

Sorry for so many questions

Mookins
05-02-2012, 03:58 PM
im sorry i cant help hun, hopesomeone can though xxx

The Juggler
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
my friend recently got a 60:40 split in her divorce with young (under 16) children. However, she is the main breadwinner in supporting the children on a higher income.

I don't know how it works if your children are able to look after themselves in teh eyes of the law hon. sorry :(

catminder
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm not an expert but if your OH remortgaged your home last year then any equity he took should be taken into account when you are deciding what (if any) equity he has remaining in your home. I'm sure you are aware of this already but just saying make sure you get what you are entitled to. It can be quite a stressful situation - hope you get through this without too much trauma.
Alison x

sarah707
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Get some professional advice and make sure you get the most you can possibly get out of him.

I had to forgo the pension to get the house - but now at least I'll always have a roof that I can downsize if necessary.

Hugs xx

desiderata
05-02-2012, 07:16 PM
thanks Sarah I do intend to get a solicitor but was finding out what he was proposing first. will pm you x