PDA

View Full Version : Termly report

RainbowMum
05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Ok so I want to do a basic termly report, milestones acheived, activities and foods tried etc... I dont want to call it a report though, I want something that sounds less official, child friendly and I'm drawing a blank - any ideas:idea: ??

The Juggler
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
my next steps.........?
or
look what I've been doing?

then you can write about the LO's have achieved or where they are at and what the next steps are:thumbsup:

sarah707
05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Look at me now!

My achievements!

:D

karens knippers
29-02-2012, 08:53 PM
How about 'WOW. Guess what I can do......'

rickysmiths
29-02-2012, 09:24 PM
May I ask why when all the information is in the Learning Journal?

Doing Reports all feels a bit school like to me and schools only do one Report a year anyway.

I don't work in terms either I do all year care.

Never mind extra paperwork that repeats what is already documented.

sarah707
01-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Ricky I do mine because it is good practice and it was strongly recommended by my development officer many years ago.

My inspector liked the fact I draw all my obs, assessments and planning together for each child because she wanted to see exactly what each child can do.

She said this helps Ofsted and any other interested parties see how the child is progressing from starting points - this is going to be a key inspection outcome when the revised Eyfs comes out too.

Plus it says in the revised Eyfs that we need to do 2 types of reporting - ongoing and summary - so we'll all have to get used to doing them soon :D

lynnfi
02-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I include a full overview of the child's development in a Newsletter that I give when I feel like it ;), which in my case is between 4 and 6 months. I detail the child's "achievements" (some words I cannot reconcile myself with!) in the 6 areas of Learning.

I just call it Newsletter as I want it to be very formal.

Although someone in me is thinking in the same lines as Rickysmith. Let's go dance with the children outside, and throw away all the paperwork and look at it fly high up in the wind... Well I shall stop. Please forgive me, it is Friday! :laughing: :laughing:

rosebud
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
No I don't do them either. I agree with Ricky its already in the learning journey, me and the parents all know where children are in their development so theres no point in repeating myself. I do a summative assessment when children are moving on to act as a starting point for the new setting or if I'm asked for one by other professionals. (For CAF or similar) I will start doing the 2 year old assessment when the new EYFS starts but not until I have to.

rickysmiths
02-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Now you see I think it is wrong that we may be asked to do these. This is the job of the Health Visitor not me. I haven't been trained to do this kind of assessment. It is all wrong.

PixiePetal
02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't do a report. Just a page in LJ every term(ish) saying what they have enjoyed and what I will look at doing in the next few months to tie in with what they have achieved in 6 areas since last page

Mollymop
03-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I call our report a Monthly Progress Tracker Report
It states how far we have come in development of the EYFS guidance. I state all areas - PSED(attitudes and dispositions, self care etc), CLL,(Language for thinking, Language for communication, reading etc) PSR&N, etc etc

and write a small section underneath all about what they have done to comlete each area for their age group - I then get parents to sign and to send back slip which I then put in their learning Journey with the original.

Ofsted told me in my last inspection in 2008 to do a report every term, I was slightly annoyed as I am not a teacher etc, but I have found my own system and now enjoy doing it. Hope Ofsted like it too (when they decide to visit!!:thumbsup:)

chez
03-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Im starting these too, after having a mindee join me from nursery I thought it would be a good way for me to let them know what shes been doing here. Therell be an area for their comment and the parents.

miffy
03-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Look at me now sounds good.

Miffy xx