PDA

View Full Version : How long?

minimaestros
23-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I bet this has been asked a billion times, but I was wondering if you ladies could give me a rough idea of when I should be good to go.

I have had my pre-reg visit on 8th May, my existing crb form was accepted, and at the visit the inspector said all my checks had already come back. We had to do a new crb for dh cos his current one is too old, so that was completed on the day. She didnt mention any recommendations to be carried out on the day, and I havent received any notification of any, so I think that was all fine.

So how long do you reckon it will take to get my cert? I had heard that crbs were only taking around 3 weeks at the moment, but not sure how true this is.

Im also having a hard time from the local reg advisor, who cant seem to understand that the ofsted inspector deemed it unecessary for me to do another ICP as I did it (in a various form) 15 years ago when I was registered the first time - I have only had a 5 year gap from minding, plus I am a qualified infant school teacher, so the inspector (and her line manager) decided I meet the requirement "must do a pre reg course". This advisor woman spent 10 mins arguing with me on the phone that I couldnt just do the first aid course, I had to do the new combined course and anyway, she couldnt guarantee how long it will take for me to get onto a first aid course! (she was really snotty with me). She was also supposed to send me a grant form (as I have never had one) and the child protection chart, but neither have turned up yet!!

Sorry to rant, feel better now Ive got it off my chest.

Nic x

sarah707
23-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm afraid CRB checks are taking the length of a piece of string just now... some over 8 weeks... but others much quicker.

As far as your local advisor, I would say if ofsted are happy then she ought to be too... so there! :p :laughing:

I hope it happens quickly for you - keep us updated! :D

miffy
23-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Hope it all comes together for you soon

miffy xx

cloud9
23-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I bet this has been asked a billion times, but I was wondering if you ladies could give me a rough idea of when I should be good to go.

I have had my pre-reg visit on 8th May, my existing crb form was accepted, and at the visit the inspector said all my checks had already come back. We had to do a new crb for dh cos his current one is too old, so that was completed on the day. She didnt mention any recommendations to be carried out on the day, and I havent received any notification of any, so I think that was all fine.

So how long do you reckon it will take to get my cert? I had heard that crbs were only taking around 3 weeks at the moment, but not sure how true this is.

Im also having a hard time from the local reg advisor, who cant seem to understand that the ofsted inspector deemed it unecessary for me to do another ICP as I did it (in a various form) 15 years ago when I was registered the first time - I have only had a 5 year gap from minding, plus I am a qualified infant school teacher, so the inspector (and her line manager) decided I meet the requirement "must do a pre reg course". This advisor woman spent 10 mins arguing with me on the phone that I couldnt just do the first aid course, I had to do the new combined course and anyway, she couldnt guarantee how long it will take for me to get onto a first aid course! (she was really snotty with me). She was also supposed to send me a grant form (as I have never had one) and the child protection chart, but neither have turned up yet!!

Sorry to rant, feel better now Ive got it off my chest.

Nic x

I had exactly the same when i registered i hold an NVQ 3 in early years care and education so ofsted said i dint need to do it, then they changed there mind so i enrolled on one but then 3 weeks into the 6 week course i got a letter saying they had changed their minds again!!! and i didnt need to do it! But i carried on as i was half way through seeing as i had paid for it!I hate to say it but i sometimes think ofsted dont know what they are doing themselves:laughing:

minimaestros
23-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I hate to say it but i sometimes think ofsted dont know what they are doing themselves

Having been through several ofsted inpections in schools and at home, I think you could be on to something here lol!;)

angeldelight
23-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Hope you dont wait long Nic

Good luck

Angel xx

Saz
24-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Hate to be bearer of bad news but I am still waiting for DH's CRB it will be 13 weeks on Monday. It is still at Stage 2 - In Process of searching Police National Computer. Yes we have been chasing Ofsted weekly and they have escalated it. DH has also been phoning CRB people direct to chase.

So don't get your hopes up just yet. However on the positive side I did read a thread on here the other day about someone that got theirs back in just a couple of weeks I think.

MissTinkerbell
25-05-2008, 09:15 PM
So how did you guys get out of doing your ICPs? I've got a BTEC National Diploma in Nursery Nursing and a B.Ed (Hons) in Early Years plus 12 years teaching experience of teaching 3/4/5 year olds and I still had to do mine, even though my Ofsted inspector thought it was pointless!

Lou
25-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I recently had to redo my ICP as i am now doing DHC so my ICP is apparently out of date!!!

I was really worried as i found some of the questions a bit dubious!!!

Luckily i passed good luck xxx

abba1772
26-05-2008, 01:15 PM
my crb check took 7 weeks but hubbies took 12 weeks

i was a childminder in scotland until i moved to norfold in january where i immediatly sent an appliaction form to ofsted and 5 weeks after i moved had my inspection and was told all i had to do was the child protection on the ICP course after being told i had to do the whole course.

i've to phone in june to get the child protection details but i think i might just do the whole thing as i'll be getting inspected in september so might just keep them happy lol