PDA

View Full Version : Morton michel contracts..anyone use?

Jelly Baby
04-02-2012, 11:43 AM
My friend has given me a load of these contracts which i never looked at till now as have a new child starting.

I find it very complex compared to my own simple ones and wondered how many of you use them or just stick to your own?

Thanks

Katy M
04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I have used these contracts since I started 5 years ago but I agree that they are over complicated. When I ran out of them I put together my own. I followed the basic content of the Morton Michel ones but simplified them. I find they work really well now.

:)

Jelly Baby
04-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks this is what i thought i would do just add to my own.
Thanks

Angela234
04-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I like the MM contracts tried the NCMA ones then went back to MM if your happy with yours then keep using them if your insured with NCMA you have to use their contracts MM let you use any

candy cat
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
i like them:)

sarah707
05-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Be very careful with them - they are worded wrongly.

They ask parents if they are ok with us contacting emergency services on behalf of their child - which is not what it says in the Eyfs.

The Eyfs says we must have this permission - it is not an option which parents can opt out of.

I have spoken to them about it urgently a few times but they have not come back to me to tell me changes have been made.

Hth :D

Bluebell
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
wow sarah - thats really bad isn't it!

I always tick the first option on the Morton Michel emergency care which is that I have their permission to seek medical treatment and emergency care. The other 2 are yes have permission but with special written directions from parent or yes have permission to call ambulance but only have permission for emergency treatment after speaking to parents. Both of these seem pointless and I would never have a child in my care where i couldn't get them emergency care if they needed it.

I hadn't thought about the legal consequences regarding the EYFS though I have to say!

The Morten Michel contracts are long-winded and wordy and I will be changing to NCMA as I get new parents. I am also a member of NCMA and am thinking of changing my insurance to NCMA too so will have to change to NCMA contracts for my existing parents too.