PDA

View Full Version : Tap lessons

Polly2
04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone
Some of you may remember I was starting Tap lessons!

Well they are going really well and I am having such a laugh with it! Trouble is I forget some of the steps from week to week!

I was just wondering can any of you recommend a good dvd that I could practise with between lessons?

Pipsqueak
04-02-2012, 10:54 AM
the trick is to practise when you get home and it sinks in. every single day two three four times a day

just whilst you are cooking or washing up, standing in a queue, laying in the bath- brush forward brush back ball change.... just repetition repetition repetition, forcing your brain to think about it and making your feet move to the sequence
concentrate on one step each week
write things down so you are learning your theory (this is what I now have to do with ballet:rolleyes: my memory banks for sequences of steps is diabolical now adays).

rather than buy a video have a look on you tube and get some free initial lessons.

Polly2
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I have tried to practise but as soon as I get home I get all the steps mixed up. I think the problem is I have joined a class - had 3 lessons - but this class has been established since september.

So although the teacher is brilliant, some of the girls are really good and me and another poor guy are trying to keep up :o

Last night we did 3 different time steps and I got them all in class but by the time I had got home I had them mixed up! I wish we could have just done 1 then I think I would have been fine!

Have been on u tube and all I can find is really basic boring stuff or really advanced!

Oh well :)