PDA

View Full Version : My inspection is due in march --- how far behind are they running??

kellyb
04-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone!

My next inspection is due in march, and with them saying at my last one it would be between 3&4 years, have any of you been due and them not come for a while? Are they also going to be running behind with the new eyfs coming in in sept?

nell57
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm due too, as of Jan 2012 and the rumor around here is that if you've already been inspected under EYFS, you wont be inspected until the new EYFS come in in Sept.

Saying that, busy getting myself prepared for anytime, dont want take any chances:panic::D

annabee
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
My inspection was due in Dec 2010 and I was finally inspected iin Dec 2011 so round here it is about a year late!!

Anna

Rubybubbles
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm due too, as of Jan 2012 and the rumor around here is that if you've already been inspected under EYFS, you wont be inspected until the new EYFS come in in Sept.

Saying that, busy getting myself prepared for anytime, dont want take any chances:panic::D

I was due in Novmember but not currently childminding, but on a network meeting with work (private nursery) I have been told the same as above!

BUT we should work everyday like they may turn up:rolleyes:

kellyb
04-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Really? Cool ok, well I work like they would just turn every day anyway, so that doesnt bother me, but that would be cool if that really is the case... Come March I might just ring them up and ask what the situation is.. I have been inspected in the EYFS already and as they were nearly a year late last time, maybe that will be the case this time... Ill just wait for that phone call : )

mrsmaggy
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I am due anytime now, mine was january 2009! Was told that they are focusing on the satisfactorys first round here.

singlewiththree
04-02-2012, 11:15 AM
We were told at our last network meeting that they seem to only be doing new childminders at the moment in our area as ofsted are so far behind. I'm due July and hoping to get inspected in the new eyfs rules.

cherry
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I was due last February, so thats 4 years I've been waiting.

All the other childminders in my area have been inspected so I rang Trible and they said Ofsted have told them to start procedures towards my inspection and I should have it before the end of March

The Juggler
04-02-2012, 01:25 PM
i'm due one in Feb (if they are going on the every 3 years theory). However, I was told that because it is a 3 year cycle (sept 2009-sept 2012) that if you already had one during this period you won't now get another one until sept 2012 at the earliest or maybe even 2013:clapping:

Penny1959
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Ofsted's inspection cycle is actually 47 months - and so it is likely (but not definate) that those who have had an inspection under the EYFS will not get another one under the current EYFS - unless the 47 month time frame will be exceeded.

Those who have already had 4 years passed since last inspection - expect one anytime now - because if they don't inspect you they will be breaking their own procedures.

Due to training of inspectors / changing paperwork etc- it is likely that inspections under the current EYFS will more or less be completed by JUly this year.

Penny :)

RubySlippers
04-02-2012, 02:12 PM
They are definately doing First Inspections had mine in January and they came a week early!

First Post for me! Finally had the courage to do it! :)
x

Penny1959
04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
They are definately doing First Inspections had mine in January and they came a week early!

x

Congratulations on inspection - and on first post

Penny :)

RubySlippers
05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Thank you Penny,

Good luck to all who are due, at least if they are running behind you have more time to prep!

X

debbie
15-02-2012, 09:01 PM
my last inspection was july 2007, now looking to feb/march 2012. 18 months later. good luck

Mollymop
15-02-2012, 09:06 PM
My inspection was due in Nov. One new CM has been waiting for her first graded inspection for ages, the phoned her and said they were coming out but they never have and that was back in November.
ANother local minder was due in May'11, only just had her inspection - so they were behind with her 8 months!

I suppose it depends on your region x

stardust
15-02-2012, 10:29 PM
:eek: Don't say that! I'm due in the beginning of March as well, Cant deal with them coming early. I've not finished changing all my stuff about yet!
I have everything in place but I am not happy with it all yet (I'm a perfectionist :blush:)I really cant be doing with them coming early!!

x

mrs_scottydog
15-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I was due my first inspection in Feb '11 but when they phoned in May I'd just lost my EYFS mindee. They finally phoned again at the end of Jan, it was meant to be 3-6 months after they last called. I'm on Maternity leave at the moment so they just want to check my paperwork, but I won't get a grade. They need to inspect everyone by a certain date I think. Hx