PDA

View Full Version : Teeth whitening?

Ben10mad
03-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi, I'm looking into to doing a teeth whitening course so I can do it mobile.

I would like to know.......
How meny of you have ever used a teeth whitening product on your teeth?
And and would you concider having your teeth whitened in the comfort of your own home?
And also.... How much would you be willing to pay as the prices vary from £100-£200

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Velleity
03-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd MUCH prefer to have it done in my own home.
I hate going into dental surgeries for anything.

The Juggler
03-02-2012, 06:00 PM
i'd love to have it done but I have lots of veneers which are matched to my 'not so white' natural teeth - so I'd have to have them replaced too :(

Carol M
03-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I spent £300 and had a kit from my dentist. It was so painful I could only use it for an hour at a time. I have sensitive teeth, always have, but dentist said I would be ok!Waste of £300:angry:
My daughters took the offer of the blue light whitening at a new beauty salon in town and both had fantastic results. The cost was £70 each. DD2 asked about it for me and explained my problem and was told that the gel they use would protect my gums and it shouldn't be painful. Don't know if I'm brave enough now but maybe I would if this service was available at home.
If I could be sure it would work and not hurt I'd be happy to find the going rate.
Carol xx

Daftbat
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I have never really thought about having my teeth whitened but it sounds like a reasonable idea to have it done in the comfort of my own home. No idea about prices but I must admit it sounds a lot - how long does it last for?

Ben10mad
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the replys, it usually lasts upto two years dependant on the person really wether they smoke, drink lots of caffeen ect. I'm really interested in doing this as my bit on the side outside the hours of childminding. I had mine done 3 months ago and there still white but I do drink lots of coffee so could probley do with having them re done in another 6 months, the lady who did mine also came to my home it was relaxing, I can't stand dentists and also don't have the time due to baby sitters for my own kids but doing it outside of work on evenings and weekends the other half can help out as it only takes one hour to complete on the customer. The prices at the moment for mobile ate £150.00 but I'm thinking of £100 maybe abit less untill I gain customers.