PDA

View Full Version : EYFS

dmss001
02-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi, I have just been on an EYFS training course in Woking. We were told that we really dont need to do as much paperwork as we think. You really only need to take a few pictures, put them in a book and write "Billy enjoyed walking in the sand at the park and watching the sand fall through his fingers". If you just show over a period that you are doing something and that you know what the EYFS is you will be fine. Prior Heath Nursery in Camberley got outstanding and my son went there and after a year his book from 3 full days a week was very simple but clearly showed they made an effort and recorded what they did. It was also a lovely keepsake for me to have forever.:)

miffy
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure I do too much paperwork but, as you say, parents do love the children's books.

Miffy xx

sarah707
02-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I think you have to be very careful what advice you give in situations like this.

It would be lovely to say to everyone - stop you don't have to do that!!

But sadly it doesn't work like that as can be seen if you browse through Ofsted inspection reports on their website.

While one inspector might be happy to see a pared down learning journey document, another will pick up on missing paperwork and put it in the childminder's inspection report as an action.

Similarly while one inspector will take a 'less is more' approach to risk assessments another will want one for every outing, one for every group of toys etc and ask where one is linked to an accident or incident you have recorded...

You won't go far wrong is you do as much as you want to do to make yourself as professional as you can be! :D

karensmart4
02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
From seeing the work done by various Nursery's in my area, we put a lot more content and depth in our LJ's ...... but I take pride in the fact that the parents and children have a lovely keepsake when they leave. I make them into a book and put a personal message page in. You can't do this with the ones from the Nursery's.