PDA

View Full Version : Working Hours Calculation

lorettacritchet
31-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok boy am i asking questions recently lol.....but i am pathetic at maths and need some major help.

How do you work the total amount of working hours per month? Is there any particular calculation i can use? see i can do one childs hours per month but then with the other children they overlap, sometimes in the same hours as the other child but a little bit longer or shorter.....am i asking too much?

Why do accountants need to know this infor?

Playmate
31-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok boy am i asking questions recently lol.....but i am pathetic at maths and need some major help.

How do you work the total amount of working hours per month? Is there any particular calculation i can use? see i can do one childs hours per month but then with the other children they overlap, sometimes in the same hours as the other child but a little bit longer or shorter.....am i asking too much?

Why do accountants need to know this infor?

they need to know to work out the percentage of fuel bills, council tax and water rates. It is a different percentage according to the hours you work. If the earliest you work is 8 and the latest you work is 5, thats 9 hours and the multiple by the number of days in a week. Does that make sence?

madmamma
01-02-2012, 10:17 AM
It the overlap is longer, add those hours. If the overlap is during the times of another child do nothing

Child A 09.00 - 18.00 = 9 hours
Child B 10.00 - 14.00 = 0 as already minding child A
Child C 07.30 - 09.00 = 1.5 hours

Total hours 10.5

tulip0803
01-02-2012, 10:28 AM
You work it out as the earliest time that a child arrives and the latest that a child leaves that is a working day.

If your hours vary from week to week then you will need to do a weekly calculation for your bills not a monthly one.

lorettacritchet
01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah I know a standard calculation for one child i.e. an 8 to 5 but then i have other children, different shifts...some weeks less others more, some overlapping others.

i.e. one day could be a child who is with me from 6.45 to 8.30 then 11:30 to 4.45 and between that i have a child who might come to me at 1 and stay until 7 and another few in the afternoon....just wondered whether there was an easier option rather than sitting there working out the different/excess hours...hmmm might need to call on the hubby if he ever has some time lol...

QUOTE=tulip0803;1046234]You work it out as the earliest time that a child arrives and the latest that a child leaves that is a working day.

If your hours vary from week to week then you will need to do a weekly calculation for your bills not a monthly one.[/QUOTE]

rickysmiths
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
You are making it too complicated!!!

Forget overlapping children.

What time does the first child arrive? Say 7.30am

What time does the last child leave? Say 6pm

It doesn't matter how many children you look after in that day between those hours. You have worked 10.5 hours that day. Do this for each day of the week you work and add it up. If it is different for each week in the month then do the same for each week and get a monthly total.

Don't forget you can claim for any days you don't work, for sickness or holiday.

If you work 10.5 hours 5 days a week then that is 52.5 hours for the week.

The is then a % of your Utility bills that you can claim depending on the number of hours you have worked.

40hrs (full Time) a week or more:
33% Heat and Lighting
10% Water Rates
10% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

20hrs (part time) a week:
17% Heat and Light
5% Water Rates
5% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

In between so 30 hours:

25% Heating and Lighting
7% Water Rates
7% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

lorettacritchet
01-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Dont understand what do you mean i can claim for days i dont work for sickness or holidays??? you mean i can claim the heating etc? how can i?

i understand what ur saying and it makes sense but there are times i drop a kid off to nursery and have three hours off with no other mindees then there are days i don't have him and work from 3pm until 8.30pm at night? i also work weekends but not every weekend?

It doesn't matter how many children you look after in that day between those hours. You have worked 10.5 hours that day. Do this for each day of the week you work and add it up. If it is different for each week in the month then do the same for each week and get a monthly total.

Don't forget you can claim for any days you don't work, for sickness or holiday.

The is then a % of your Utility bills that you can claim depending on the number of hours you have worked.

33% Heat and Lighting
10% Water Rates
10% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

17% Heat and Light
5% Water Rates
5% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

In between so 30 hours:

25% Heating and Lighting
7% Water Rates
7% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

Chatterbox Childcare
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM

33% Heat and Lighting
10% Water Rates
10% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

17% Heat and Light
5% Water Rates
5% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

In between so 30 hours:

25% Heating and Lighting
7% Water Rates
7% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

I agree with Ricky here - sounds like you do 40 hours per week so just take the figures as she suggests

lorettacritchet
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
See below....what does this mean, I can claim for days I dont work or for sickness etc?
As mentioned there are some gaps in the day where i have no kids and not as an emergency contact for the children at nursery, there are days i have off apart from an hour in the morning......what exactly do i work out for hours wise?

33% Heat and Lighting
10% Water Rates
10% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

17% Heat and Light
5% Water Rates
5% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

In between so 30 hours:

25% Heating and Lighting
7% Water Rates
7% Council Tax
10% Wear and Tear

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Just take your yearly amount and work out the percentage. You are talking pennies if you start working out sickness and holidays and I don't have the time and don't think you will either

rickysmiths
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Dont understand what do you mean i can claim for days i dont work for sickness or holidays??? you mean i can claim the heating etc? how can i?

i understand what ur saying and it makes sense but there are times i drop a kid off to nursery and have three hours off with no other mindees then there are days i don't have him and work from 3pm until 8.30pm at night? i also work weekends but not every weekend?

Sorry there was a typo no you can not claim for any days you don't work due to sickness or when you are on holiday.