PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new accounts book

NicoleW
31-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Shall I start it from now? It has 12 months worth in.

I don't provide meals for my mindees so I don't need to keep the receipts for food I buy do I ? They provide the snacks as well as meals and I provide drinks

It's asking about receipts from my house rent, but obviously I don't have receipts unless you can count bank statements which I can print off ?

rickysmiths
31-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I usually start a new accounts book at the beginning of April so it is for the tax year.

I keep all receipts for everything I buy. I print off receipts if it is something ordered online. I mark on them each day and keep them in an envelope with the month and year on it so I have twelve envelopes by the end of the year and it is easy if I get a bit behind to enter two months at the same time.

As far as rent is concerned I don't know but I must confess I would have thought you should receive a receipt there always used to be a rent book, I know I would want something if it was me the same way i give my parents a receipt for their fees each month.

VeggieSausage
31-01-2012, 09:23 PM
the tax year goes from april to april so if you were beginning childminding now then I would do Jan - April - then begin a new one for the next tax year.

NicoleW
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Ours is private rented so no we don't have a rent book.

Plus I never thought I could claim any of that as an expense so why would it need to go into my expenditure?

NicoleW
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.childminding-success.co.uk/featured/allowable-household-expenses/

What do you think of this as well? Useful or not very accurate?