PDA

View Full Version : Ad hoc/contracts? HELP!!

lucyD
30-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Have an enquiry from a lady wanting occaisional (ad hoc) care.

She has a 5 mth old, 2 & 3 year old. Works odd days but knows rota in advance! & wants to go swimming but not have to take them all! Has parents who help with childcare but not always available. We are meeting in a few days so not sure exactly what she is after but my Q? is do I need a contract if I get £ upfront? If so can I make my own up or would you advise NCMA ones or what?
I Would like to do it as she is happy that it would only be IF I was available (currently newly reg with no mindees!!)

Your thoughts & advice would beinvaluable please:clapping:

sarah707
31-01-2012, 08:15 AM
If you are going to get money up front then I suppose you won't need a watertight NCMA contract - I know a few childminders who work this way.

However it's not something we recommend because you are not protecting yourself in case things go wrong.

Hth :D

Daftbat
31-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I do contracts even for adhoc work. The thing is, you can write whatever you want on the contract to suit everyone. Just make sure she really is happy only to have you available on YOUR terms. In my experience you need to be firm because parents will try to weedle their way in to taking up more of your time than you want and putting you at risk of going over your numbers.

Having said that so long as everyone is clear there shouldnt be a problem but I would still do the contract so that you have something to fall back on e.g the statement that you can only have the children IF you have space.

Becci26
31-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I have a few ADhoc mindees on my books and spoke to NCMA the other week to find out if needing contracts or ok with just permission forms, they advised i need to have a contract for each child. HTH xx

lucyD
31-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Thank you, I have the standard NCMA ones, shall I use this or buy some short term or do my own?

dmss001
02-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi, I have had ad hoc before and it has been a bit of a nightmare. You definately learn from your mistakes... Put in the contract about if your child is ill you pay and get them to pay a month up front. My Mum would ring up saying my child is ill can we swap it to next Wednesday the day she was off and not working as it was every other Wednesday!:angry: