PDA

View Full Version : Interfering Aunt

jelly15
30-01-2012, 08:59 PM
My unmarried, childless (too much time on her hands) SIL has texted my DS1(19), who is away in uni, to remind him it is his father's birthday tomorrow. DS and I bought his present weeks ago and he doesn't need reminding and if he did I would have done so before today. DS is offened ahe would think he would forget and doesn't think it is her place to remind him. I am spitting feathers and will give her a piece of my mind when I see her :angry:.

Does anyone else have interfering relatives and what are they guilty of?

PixiePetal
30-01-2012, 09:07 PM
when my dad retired 20 years ago and we were organising a party, my sister (18months older than me) took it upon herself to tell my aunts that I had put on weight as she thought they would not recognise me :eek: - I threw the glass of wine I had in my hand all over her and walked out.

needless to say it did not help my confidence but we had a good party and they did recognise me!

this sister and I do not always see eye to eye :rolleyes:

wendywu
30-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Jelly perhaps it was just an excuse to send your son a text and used that as a reason.

Or maybe she just wanted to feel involved. :)

jelly15
30-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Jelly perhaps it was just an excuse to send your son a text and used that as a reason.

Or maybe she just wanted to feel involved. :)

I can see your point Wendy but I was just venting really. There is a past history of her crossing the line, including her slapping DS across the leg when he was only seven and a big row followed, plus too many incidents to write about. I have always tried to make allowances but I thought that now DSs are grown up she would behave more appropriately.

wendywu
31-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Well now DS is 19 he can give her a chinese burn to pay her back for the slap on the leg :clapping:

To be honest if someone dared to lay a finger on my child i would have floored them there and then. So good on you for even speaking to her now. I suppose its a good job she is unmarried and childless if thats the way she carries on :panic: