PDA

View Full Version : Not a good day ):

Chatterbox Childcare
29-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Have finally paid my tax bill but had a shock when I went online

My account said I owed £3500 more than what I had calculated and it didn't take into account what I had paid on account last year so be vigilant or you could over pay

On the plus side they gave me £1.38 interest on the payment on account that I made last year for this year and it was too much :)

wendywu
29-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh i am so suprised that it was wrong to their advantage. :panic:

Penny1959
29-01-2012, 03:16 PM
First well done on finally completing your tax affairs for the year. But crickey that is a lot to pay the tax man:(

Makes my £100 fine seem like nothing

Penny :)

karensmart4
29-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I always double check mine.... are you sure you've done your expenses correctly you seem to be paying an awful lot if it's in the thousands :panic:

christine e
29-01-2012, 04:30 PM
I always double check mine.... are you sure you've done your expenses correctly you seem to be paying an awful lot if it's in the thousands :panic:

Debbie (Chatterbox Childcare) is the unofficial tax expert on here, she is the person we all direct our queries to so I am sure she will have claimed for as much as she can:laughing:

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Christine!

I work along side my DH so we do have to pay. On the plus side "you have to earn it to pay it" so I am happy just not happy that I would have paid twice and then had to claim it back

miffy
29-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Christine!

I work along side my DH so we do have to pay. On the plus side "you have to earn it to pay it" so I am happy just not happy that I would have paid twice and then had to claim it back

That explains it then - glad you notice done error and got it sorted. Now don't go spending all that interest at once will you! :laughing:

Miffy xx