PDA

View Full Version : Who would you recommend as a telephone provider?

Cazz
27-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm want to change my telephone provider - can anyone recommend one?

I'm currently with Talk Talk but they once told me that if I cancel the phone side of things I can't have just broadband from them, so I'd be looking for a phone and broadband package - with free calls at anytime, including mobile phones if possible (I know this will be more).

If anyone can give any information about their current provider and how much it costs per month I'd be grateful.

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 11:58 PM
i use to be with bt (till last sept cos i moved) and it was about £40 a month but that was everything with the tv package to, now with virgin (parents house now) and they pay about £45 again this is everything and mobile phone with it to.
xx

rickysmiths
28-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I am with Talk Talk and have unlimited telephone all week and all day and free calls to a number international and European countries and TV plus the Entertainment package and I pay a basic £35 per month.

sarah707
28-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I have just moved to BT - I get infinity plus free calls (not mobiles but yes 0870 and 0845).

The set up process was awful and they were very unhelpful and slow and lied about what they were going to do.

Dp has moved to plusnet and gets infinity plus free calls too - but his is cheaper than mine he got a better start up deal too.

They have been really good when he has had problems.

ever wish you'd checked first? :rolleyes:

CH1957
28-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I have been with Talk Talk for a year. When I got to the end of my contract they rang me offering a discount as I said I was going to change supplier. In the end they gave me 6 months free internet with the phone package. Always negotiate!

catminder
28-01-2012, 11:54 PM
We're with BT and they don't seem to give a :censored: Can't talk to anyone in authority, they won't let us make a complaint, to say they are a telephone company it's disgusting there is no real way of conversing with them. Needless to say I'm afraid I can't recommend them :angry:
My Dad has been with virgin media for several years and he's very happy with them hth

maisiemog
29-01-2012, 06:29 PM
We're with Virgin Media. Get everything from them, mobiles, net, tv and landline. Have never had any problems with them and about 3 months ago we rang them telling them sky were offering us a good deal and to stop us leaving Virgin reduced our bill by £30 a month and gave us 3mths free sports....DH was very happy about that but now insists we keep the sports channels so we arent saving any money really!