PDA

View Full Version : Hello

pickles_mum
27-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hello Everyone

I am a newly registered childminder and wanted to say Hello and introduce myself :D

Although I have never posted before, I have already found the forum to be invaluable, and look forward to getting to know you all and learning from your experience :D

I have finallly decided to post as I feel I am drowning under a sea of paperwork and am unsure of exactly where I am going. I have just purchased some of Sarahs e-books and they look like they will help me get myself sorted....I hope :blush:

Helen

sarah707
27-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello! Welcome to the forum :clapping:

pickles_mum
27-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your reply :D Your e-books are great :D

I am really scared now though....just had a call this evening from a lady who is coming over for a visit on Wednesday!!! i only have 2 mindees at the moment, and they are friends of my daughters and are twins in her class. This is my first proper potential unknown mindee!!!

What do I do? I feel lost!!!

x x x

betty boop
27-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Hi you will be fine just be yourself, Why not try writeing a list of all the things you would like to talk about that way you have it all there incase your mind goes blank.

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 10:35 PM
i put togeather a interview booklet for me and an information booklet for them to take away (they get a welcome pack after signing contract) but they contain limited contact details, list of policies and permission slips a few sample policies like safegaurding, complaints, admissions, and cant quite remember the other ones! also includes my fees times and policy on fees!! weekly and daily activities one week menu (on a 4 week rolling menu) my holiday dates, explaining the contract and retainer, depoist and settling in period, when i want paying and how, a few sample charts e.g. toilet training, sleep monitoring etc. what to provide you child to come to me daily and stuff to be kept at my home. examples of invoices and house rules, a list of what there child info folder that i keep contains, explain EYFS and observations and assessments. hope some of this helps xx p.s to everything i listed above and more i have written a paragraph explaining it all for example what i will use toilet training charts for etc xx

Stapleton83
27-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, don't be scared you've got this far just be yourself. When I did it I tried to think about what would I want to see/know etc if it was me coming to see someone that helped quite a lot. At the end of the day if they ask you something and you aren't sure or you don't know just say you need to check and come back to them. It is as much about you interviewing them as them interviewing you! Remember it is your house so you need to be comfortable about who's coming into it.

Good luck x:thumbsup:

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 11:06 PM
also went on ncma and printed of there questions to childminders list for parents to ask her and wrote my answers next to them x