PDA

View Full Version : insure the box

cabby
27-01-2012, 01:26 PM
has anyone any experience with this insurence company, my DS passed his driving test last week and this seems to be the only way he will be able to insure anything, just a bit worried as ive never heard of them x

http://www.insurethebox.com/

sarah707
27-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Never heard of them... do insurance companies need to be registered with any national body? It might be worth checking from that angle.

:D

EmmaReed84
27-01-2012, 05:20 PM
The bottom of the website contains information regarding the FSA registration numbe and the company number... You can check companies house for these details... Also when they were registered. Also there is a UK head office with an address you can also google this.

cabby
27-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Thank you x

mama2three
27-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Karen we looked at similar schemes for ds and they work out incredibly expensive , even having to pay to get the box removed !
We searched for months for a 'do-able' quote. Try LV , we found them about 25% cheaper than anyone else.
I also changed my insurance over to them just before taking out ds's policy - which meant we got a further 10% discount off ds quote as we were already policyholders at the address.

llkbabob
27-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Haven't heard of them, but watched superscrimpers last week I think it was, if ds lives with you you can put your name on the policy as a NAMED driver and this brings the price down, but DO NOT PUT you as the main driver as this is illegal

Cassie
27-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi Karen, my son has been with insure the box for the last 11 months.As you have said we struggled to get his first insurance at a decent price and these were the cheapest. There is a mileage restriction but if you don't use all the miles(which are reasonable) you get bonus mileage the next month..we have had no problems with them. I did put myself down as second driver as it made it a bit cheaper.We're looking at new insurance now for my son and thankfully this second year is considerably cheaper. Hope this helps...