PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted overdue

NicoleW
27-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I got a phonecall in September saying they were coming out that month.

It is almost february and they've still not been. Is it worth ringing them up?

It's my first ever graded inspection since being registered and really want it over and done with, all the women I stay in contact from my pre-reg course have been graded already and I'm the odd one out :(

Tealady
27-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Look at this way... the longer they leave it the more evidence you will have to show how fab you are. Some minders get inspected quite quickly haven't got much to show or haven't quite got the hang of things yet so will get a "Satisfactory" grading where as if they had been at it longer they may have got a "Good". However I understand how you feel. I'd ring them, you've got nothing to loose.

NicoleW
27-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Apparently they said they phoned me in September and I had no children on roll (which was a fib as my first one started in September, they said they'd postpone for a month).

Ofsted said I will be due an inspection around March.

I have a new full time mindee starting who is 2.5 years old on monday so I'm just going through some of Sarah's ebooks and updating learning stories folder and whatnot.

miffy
27-01-2012, 02:02 PM
If you want to have your inspection then there's no harm in phoning them to see if you can prompt them to do it.

Me, I'd just enjoy the extra time! :)

Miffy xx