PDA

View Full Version : hip hip hooray!!!!!

WibbleWobble
27-01-2012, 12:03 PM
just come back from katies diabetes appointment and we have been given great news

her HBA1c was 7.5!!!!! it should be below 8 to be normal!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

she has worked so hard to keep her blood sugars and the new blood sugar testing machine has been a godsend as it has really kept her focussed on her readings.

bit of sad news though......katie is 20 this year so she now has to move to the adult clinic and therefore leave the lovely paediatric diabetes nurse who has been with us for 20 years. She is going to do one last home visit to see katie in three months then that will be it.

i am thinking about a present for her....i thought a photo frame and a bunch of flowers would be nice...what do you think?

so as one door shuts another door opens.....

mandy xxxxx

LOOPYLISA
27-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Great news, mu mum and dad are diabetic nightmere :rolleyes: with it being on both sides and alot of family members have it aswell i do get checked regularly :thumbsup:

Stapleton83
27-01-2012, 12:18 PM
That's fantastic news one of my mindees has diabetes and I know how hard controlling it can be well done:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Think the gifts sound really nice

The Juggler
27-01-2012, 01:29 PM
that's brilliant news hon. My brother believes anythign can be cured with nutrition. I'm not so sure about cures but I certainly believe most things can be managed.

Tippy Toes
27-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Aww thats fantastic news, and I think a photo frame and bunch of flowers is a lovely idea :)

beachgirl29
21-02-2012, 09:39 PM
yes that sounds a lovely idea. Sad shes got to move on must be hard after that amount of time with the same lady. like a friend of the family I guess!

xx

PixiePetal
21-02-2012, 09:47 PM
fantastic news :clapping: well done you and Katie :)

I think the present would be much appreciated.

sue m
22-02-2012, 07:27 AM
That's great news, well done :clapping::)

wendywu
22-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Good new i bet both you and Katie are over the moon.

I think the nurse would love your gifts :thumbsup: