PDA

View Full Version : Feel like crying :(

NicoleW
27-01-2012, 11:42 AM
My daughter who is 6 had a best friend at nursery, he used to come to our house quite a lot for tea and whatnot, never wanted to go home.

I've just found out today that him and his siblings are being put up for adoption, as social services found bite marks on all the children (6, 3, 18 months old), knives and guns in their bedrooms, bruises on their backs, cat feaces all over the bedrooms, their cat gave birth in the baby's cot and they left it there and the baby was sleeping amongst the cat and bodily fluids.

I'm so shaken up by this, I really am. Just goes to show that you need to be really vigilant with safeguarding. I wasn't a Childminder then when he used to come over to my house, and I wonder that if I did safeguarding training beforehand would I have picked this up earlier than some other people and may have helped stop this abuse earlier?

Shame there are no safeguarding courses for parents to take

rickysmiths
27-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh that is so sad. Lets hope the little ones have a better life from now on.

Stapleton83
27-01-2012, 11:48 AM
That is so sad, poor children let's hope they find somewhere together x sending a hug

Tippy Toes
27-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Oh my gosh, that is just so so awful. Poor children :(

blue bear
27-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Oh bless you, stop feeling guilty, the problems may not have been happening then and even so unless you were in his house how could you have spotted it? it is so sad but good it's been spotted and hopefully be adopted by the best parent(s) in the world.

jane5
27-01-2012, 12:55 PM
This is so sad :mad:

At least the authorities are aware and taking action now

NicoleW
27-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I know and you get so many people complaining about how crap SS are etc.

Just look what they've ended for these three children! Not enough praise goes to them for doing things like this, people love to focus on the bad and the mistakes they make. They are not perfect, but they've done wonderful things for children.

The Juggler
27-01-2012, 01:26 PM
oh that is so sad :panic:

VeggieSausage
27-01-2012, 01:28 PM
very sad and upseting to hear that :(

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 01:33 PM
my mom is a social worker for children and families and it breaks her heart to have to pull children out from there parents but they have to protect them i look at my mom and im so proud of her for how strong she is. people dont realise what evidence they have to gather and the court hearings its such a long process. jus think them children are going to have a much better life now and be looked after someone who will love them and protect them. i hope they get to stay together. my moms had so many where she has had to spilt the siblings up. sych a horrible world out there. whether parents/carers anybody go on safegaurding training or not its still hard to recognise abuse, people and training make it seem so simple to spot abuse but then what if your wrong and its a one off or your scared the abusers will do something to you and your family and i think that stops alot of people coming forwards to report abuse although statistics say more and more people are coming forwards xx p.s sorry for rant xx

rhea26
27-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I am sat here in shock, what awful new for you to hear, hugs to those lovely little children x

miffy
27-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Poor, poor kids, what a horrible start in life they've had.

I hope they find a lovely new home together where they're safe and loved.

Miffy xx

peacebabe
27-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Hope they find a happy loving home all together, that so sad! :(

emimihkos
27-01-2012, 02:24 PM
It's hard to believe that such people live amongst us...:mad: It's frightening :panic: Hope that that children find good home at last :(