PDA

View Full Version : Booking my Holiday :-)

Velleity
27-01-2012, 07:00 AM
This will be the first year for six years that we can afford to go somewhere different to Sun Token Collect Haven Holiday and we couldn't even afford that last year! But now I am working I would like to treat my family. I was hoping someone could advise me on somewhere nice to go as I have been googling and not yet found something that is quite right.

I want to go somewhere in this country as my children are still very young. We will be going during the school Summer Holidays. I am thinking around Dorset, Weymouth, Bournemouth, Poole - that sort of area. Devon and Cornwall are too much of a drive unfortunately.

Anyway I either want a hotel - but if it is a hotel a nice one, with good facilities and modern, that does a REALLY good breakfast :) , close to the beach ...

Or a bed and breakfast, but again it would need to be something quite special. I'm not looking for the cheapest options. I want something that will be really nice, though of course family friendly too!

Or, to book a cottage for a week was my third thought. However I would only do this on recommendation of both the area and the cottage itself.

So I was wondering if anyone had stayed anywhere that they would really recommend to me! I don't want to spend lots of money on the wrong place :)

Thanks.

rickysmiths
27-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I see you are not far from me. We went to north Cornwall for years when the children were little we were lucky enough to be able to use a friends bungalow.

It isn't a bad drive at all takes about four hours. We used to leave early in the morning and either have breakfast at Exeter services or if we went the sourthern route, I hate the M4 M5 route. We would go M25, M3, M27 and stop at Ringwood just after the New Forest for breakfast and then carry on along the 303 a tiny bit on the M5 and then the A30.

We stayed in Widemouth Bay 2 miles outside Bude. It is a lovely area with loads to do with the children the beaches at Bude and Widemouth are to die for.

Twinkles
27-01-2012, 08:53 AM
This site looks good http://www.all4kidsuk.com/category/hotels-family-child-friendly

VeggieSausage
27-01-2012, 10:07 AM
We love suffolk (sothwold area), lovely beaches, easy drive, not too crowded, nice pubs with good food x

Velleity
27-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Went with the Park Central Hotel in Bournemouth for a week in August.
Can't wait!

Velleity
27-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Cancelled it and booked a week at Haven instead :laughing:

christine e
27-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Well I hope you all have a lovely time - is it still Haven or have you cancelled and booked somewhere else:laughing:?

Cx

Velleity
27-01-2012, 10:07 PM
No, stuck with Haven. It's a lot of fun for the children I think.
A week in a hotel is heaven for me, but likely the children would get bored in the evenings and drive me mad :laughing: