PDA

View Full Version : Shes coming!!

CreativeJourney
26-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

Well the inspector has called and shes coming next week. Im very highly driven and although I am newly registered I have worked in nurseys for a long time so I will be absolutely gutted if I dont get outstanding elements. I just wondered if someone could just point in the direction of the ebook to help with sef i have seen people talk about and also I have looked at 2011 inspections in my area and it seems ppl are getting caught on not having in their childs details who has parental contact with the child???? this is separate to who has parental responsibility. So how do I word this on details as surely if you have pr you have the right to legal contact...if a child was in care and parent wasnt allowed legal contact, social care would have taken the pr.

Any other tips and advice on quick fixes would be appreciated!!

Bear23
26-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Sarah707 one of the mods on here writes the ebooks, totally fab xx

Carol M
26-01-2012, 04:39 PM
You must hold details of who has Parental Responsibility and who has Legal Contact with each child you care for.
Legal Contact is when there is a court order regarding the child and as you say could be if you have a child who is in care, or it could be a father who isn't married to the mother and isn't named on the birth cert, or it could be grandparents who apply for a legal contact order.
Any ways, you need to know and have it recorded.
HTH
Carol xx

CreativeJourney
26-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Thankyou for that...with all of the children I care for the parents have joint parental responsibilty and therefore legal contact. Shall I just make a note of this on each childs details?

Carol M
26-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Will try again

AgentTink
26-01-2012, 04:58 PM
To make sure I had legal and parental contact area covered i downloaded this form from the free resources section and got each parent to fill it in when they came to collect their mindee

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Resources/PR%20and%20Legal%20Contact.pdf

Carol M
26-01-2012, 05:04 PM
This is the form I use, Ofsted were very happy with it. The new NCMA contracts have a section in them now to record these details.

CreativeJourney
26-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for that, so do i record that nobody has legal contact (as granted by the court) as they all have parental responsibility. Legal contact doesnt apply to any of my families (if that makes sense)!

Sorry to be a pain

Carol M
26-01-2012, 05:11 PM
The question that asks about court orders on my form would be circled NO. i would record somewhere that answer from your parents as it shows you have asked.
carol xx

miffy
26-01-2012, 05:46 PM
I have the questions about parental responsibility and legal contact added onto my child information form which parents fill in so they answer the question themselves iyswim. As Carol said, there is now a place to record this on the ncma contracts too. TBH it doesn't matter where you record it as long as you have the info written down because it is a legal requirement.

Good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx

sarah707
26-01-2012, 06:27 PM
You will find info about your SEF in e-book 18 on my website.

Good luck with your inspection! :D