PDA

View Full Version : Totally unrelated to CM but...

EmmaReed84
25-01-2012, 11:41 AM
...Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

Just been talking to my sister on the phone about it. DS(3) was stood in my hallways the other night looking up at the front door and chatting away... I asked who he was talking to and he said "The little man there" I look at DH and we both looked a little spooked... DS spent a good 15 minutes chatting anf giggling away having a full blown coversation even answering questions saying things like "Yes I have" and "No I go to playschool" CREEPY! lol

Also years ago DH and I were in bed watching TV and we had a dimmer lamp and all of the sudden the lamp was going darker and lighter over and over again, DH joked we had a ghost so I said "Oi, b*gger off and leave my lamp alone" (joking of course) the next thing our curtain wafted and it stopped.:eek:

uf353432
25-01-2012, 11:49 AM
In short - No I don't - but I would love to be proved wrong.

My mum died when I was 23, for quite a few years afterwards I so desperately wanted to beleive in an afterlife so that I could reconnect with her - but the reality I had to come to terms with was she was dead and never coming back.

The scientist mind I have does wonder where our personality goes. I see our soul as an energy, and as energy cannot be created nor destroyed I wonder where our energy goes, what it becomes after we have passed on.

I do love all the spooky reports of strange goings on - but i'm equally sure there is a scientific explanation for them.

caz3007
25-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I am in a group to develop psychic powers and have had some amazing results. So yes I beleive there is something more than this and that our loved ones are around us watching over.

My son used to see my nan when he was a toddler and talk to her, used to tell me where she was sitting and pointed her out in a photo as the lady that comes to visit.

sarahjane
25-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes I do, I feel things and have seen things, as has my middle daughter. I have a friend who regularly sees things and is a member of a psychic circle and her son when he was younger used to see people sitting on his bed at night and chat to them,
I know there's no proof, but that doesn't stop me believing

BuggsieMoo
25-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes totally

When we lived in Shrivenham our daughter who was 3 at the time started to draw a picture of a man who she named Robbie, he looked like daddy cos he had the same clothes (military) but was different to daddy (daddy is blond, Robbie was dark ect). She kept drawing the same man at nursery as well and telling them who he was. She would scribble his face out saying she wanted him to go away.

Anyway, we used to hear footsteps upstairs and one night I heard someone say Mummy when all the kids were in bed, so I went upstairs to see what was up. I checked on my sons first, and they were all fast asleep. So I checked on my daughter and as I went to go through her open door, it looked like a shadow was standing next to her bed, looking over her - I left the room very quickly. My kids used to always believe I was calling them when I wasnt.

I started to get bothered by it as she started to be scared to go in her own room and would stand at her stair gate hyperventalating. So I spoke to the padre at camp who spoke to the local vicar. After some digging he found out that a solider named ROBERT had committed suicide in our house over 40 years ago and had left behind a young daughter!! It appears 'Robbie' had decided that our daughter was his so to speak.

The house was bless, crosses were put in every room and thankfully it all seemed to stop.

We've sinced moved again and she has started talking about 'Leo' - this time I hope it is just an imaginary friend :(

LOOPYLISA
25-01-2012, 12:37 PM
No i don't im afraid, but i think i would like to be proved otherwise although..

We lost my nan 2 years ago this yr and she loved robins, well i have had some pretty stressful situations recently and on these days when i thought things could get no worse along comes a robin and sits on my bird table, flys away and i don't see it again.

Also had a white feather land on my windscreen again when i was having a bad day, so who knows x

snufflepuff
25-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes I believe.

My SIL was born exactly a year after her sister who was sadly born too early so didn't make it. She used to talk about to her/ about her, knew her name etc. When she was 2 or 3 MIL took her to the grave for the first time- SIL walked straight over and sat next to the right one. She talked about the funeral, and how nobody could hear the vicar because there was a helicopter flying over.

She has also 'sensed' both my pregnancies!

loocyloo
25-01-2012, 01:11 PM
when DS was little, he occaisonally mentioned the old man who watched over him at bedtime, or sat in the chair at bedtime.

i never really thought about it, then one day he said, the old man doesn't come anymore :eek:

it did make me wonder who/why, as our house wasn't very old, and only young (ish) families had ever lived there! so i did wonder if it was my grandfather, who i was very close to.

but it never scared him, or me, as he wasn't bothered about, just accepted it as normal.

also DS, when he was little 'knew' i was pregnant before we told him,a nd also said he was having a sister ... we didn't know, but i was convinced i was having another boy. he also correctly sexed several other pregnant friends, including twins! ( one of each! ) then, once DD was born, he seemed to lose that ability.

EmmaReed84
25-01-2012, 01:13 PM
My sister lived in a lovely little cottage with an open plan living room and stair case. One night she was laid on her side on the floor with her head propped in her hand. Her son who must have been between 18mths to Year was laid facing her. He kept looking up at the stairs and giggling. My sister asked why he was giggling and he just said "Man"

A few weeks later the old lady who used to live in the house popped round to see how my sister was settling in, my sister offered her in for a cuppa and over conversations it turned out her husband had died in that house several years before and she felt a presence, which is why she sold up and moved (she thought it was all in her head and she couldnt move on)

Freaked my sister loads... they moved soon after! lol

AliceK
25-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes, I've seen and heard too much in the past to not believe. We are always hearing someone upstairs, sometimes it's like children running around other times it's more calmer. Most of the time I ignore the noises now but still occasionally go up to see as I'm convinced someone is up there. I'm pretty sure there's a spirit of a little boy in this house, I've thought that since we moved in, don't ask me why. Last summer I saw a soldier in my garden stood by my open patio door. My DS has always seen people, the other week he was woken up by footsteps in his bedroom, he came in to me to wake me up and saw a man walking down the other side of my bed and then he just faded away. We (oh and I) think this man walked from my DS's room through the wall into our bedroom. My DS knows not to be scared, he accepts what he sees.

xxx

Tippy Toes
25-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Gosh this thread gave me goosebumps just reading through everyone's experiences.

I do believe, I havent seen anything but truly believe.

Similar to snufflepuffs post, in 2004 my sister went into full term labour, sadlythe baby died due to placenta abruption and the hospital admitted it was their fault as they should have got the baby out sooner :( It was a very very sad time (and still is), a few months later she became pregnant again - then 5 weeks early her baby made its arrival, on exactly the same day as the baby she lost, and exactly 1 year later. It does make you think? doesn't it?

louise
25-01-2012, 08:14 PM
DH thinks its all in the mind but I don't care. I have made myself worried today over DS MRI results we get on monday. I have just chesked on DS and the smell that reminds me of my Grandad was very clear, It has calmed me down and felt so soothing. So yes I believe.

PixiePetal
25-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I believe - not sure how exactly but I feel something :o

I saw a light go from above bedroom tv - I had just turned it off - up to the ceiling and over to the window. I was not alone DH saw it too and he is usually quite sceptical. It was around the time MIL and my dad die.

We now live in In Laws old house (family farmhouse) Back door latch clunks at odd times, landing light emits a glow - not all the time - even though light is switched off :eek: weird

My brother lives 120 miles away from me near the rest of my family. He had a strong smell of gloss paint in his spare room last week. He lives alone. Dad was a painter and decorator though. He has had other strange thing happen - usually when he has to make decisions on behalf of mum. He has asked dad to let me smell the paint too so watch this space :)

Reading a good book at the moment

Talking To Heaven: A medium's message of life after death
by James van Praagh

finding it very interesting :)

EmmaReed84
26-01-2012, 06:22 AM
I love hearing all these kind of stories... I keep remember more as I read on. I have a freaky family.

My uncle sadly passed away about 11 years ago. My mum went to stay with my Aunt for a few days. My Mum had to lend my Aunt £10 and said to pay it back at a later date. Anyway on the way back home my Mum stopped at the petrol statio and when paying for petrol she asked them to check her lottery numbers... She won a tenner:clapping:. She got in the car laughing and thanked my Uncle, called my Aunt and told her to forget the money. X had just paid it. That still makes everyone smile today.

This is not "ghost" related but still freaky. My Mum predicted 9/11:eek: My Mum, ex and friend were all in the car one day and Mum looked out the window and saw some clouds, it was beginning to get dark and the sky was a little re. My Mum looked at clouds and was saying how they looked funny, saying it looked like a building and a plane going in to the side :eek:. She was really going on about and we just all laughed and called her stupid :blush: She then said "No seriously, look at them. You watch the news for a plane crash. I have a feeling!" (remember it like it was yesterday) Then a few days later while watching Crossroads:o "BREAKING NEWS" I freaked out and called my Mum, who cried... Freaky:panic:

Tippy Toes
26-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I believe - not sure how exactly but I feel something :o

I saw a light go from above bedroom tv - I had just turned it off - up to the ceiling and over to the window. I was not alone DH saw it too and he is usually quite sceptical. It was around the time MIL and my dad die.

We now live in In Laws old house (family farmhouse) Back door latch clunks at odd times, landing light emits a glow - not all the time - even though light is switched off :eek: weird

My brother lives 120 miles away from me near the rest of my family. He had a strong smell of gloss paint in his spare room last week. He lives alone. Dad was a painter and decorator though. He has had other strange thing happen - usually when he has to make decisions on behalf of mum. He has asked dad to let me smell the paint too so watch this space :)

Reading a good book at the moment

Talking To Heaven: A medium's message of life after death
by James van Praagh

finding it very interesting :)

That book does look very interesting, Ive just ordered a copy :blush:

Happy Bunny
26-01-2012, 11:07 AM
When we first moved into our house, lights used to turn themselves off and on, the tv switched itself on, ornaments were moved and we used to hear walking footsteps upstairs.
After a month we had the house blessed by the local vicar.
So many visitors to our house have seen a figure walking across my back lawn and commented that there was someone at my door, when we go look there is no-one there.

Whilst it used to really freak me out it doesn't bother me now.

Not told any of my parents though LOL they would think I was FRUIT LOOP.

stardust
26-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Yes, I never used to my Aunt is very spiritual and says things and then they happen. I think she is a bit physic but she says things like 'i have a message from granny. She says that your engagement ring is in the bag of baby things in the attic' Yeah right but I looked through and it was there so I think she see's people.
My Aunt also told me that my inspector would be a man and he was.
She said a few months ago that someone I know has something important to ask me. My best friend asked my to be godmother to hes son.
She tells me that my Granddad Thomas and my uncle David visit my son and will keep him safe and that my great nan is proud of me for doing such a great job with my son and in having a good life.
Apparently my sister is really spiritual as well but Carla denies any knowledge of seeing, hearing, feeling or being aware of anything spiritual.
Its so freaky, I am a bit envious through.
I can read tarot cards and my readings are pretty accurate but i'm not sure if this is more mind over matter. Say it will be and your subconscious ensures it happens IYKWIM.

EmmaReed84
26-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes, I never used to my Aunt is very spiritual and says things and then they happen. I think she is a bit physic but she says things like 'i have a message from granny. She says that your engagement ring is in the bag of baby things in the attic' Yeah right but I looked through and it was there so I think she see's people.
My Aunt also told me that my inspector would be a man and he was.
She said a few months ago that someone I know has something important to ask me. My best friend asked my to be godmother to hes son.
She tells me that my Granddad Thomas and my uncle David visit my son and will keep him safe and that my great nan is proud of me for doing such a great job with my son and in having a good life.
Apparently my sister is really spiritual as well but Carla denies any knowledge of seeing, hearing, feeling or being aware of anything spiritual.
Its so freaky, I am a bit envious through.
I can read tarot cards and my readings are pretty accurate but i'm not sure if this is more mind over matter. Say it will be and your subconscious ensures it happens IYKWIM.

Whenever I think about people who are physic I always remember the scene from gjost when whoppi goldberg is faking it and then Sam shows up and she realises she really does have it and freaks lol :laughing::clapping:

Again as reading these more and more things pop in my head... My friend was sadly killed 7.5 yrs ago. My two other friends went to a physic and before they said anything the woman said you are here for the dead girl right? That freaked them out straight away... They went in and she did her thing and said my friend who had been killed was very fraught and scared and just kept repeating "he had a key cut"... however many weeks later her ex was charged with her murder. She had gone on a night out, her daughter was with the dad and when she got back he was there. He had sneakly managed to get a key cut and let himself and waited for her :( Very sad, but when my friends went back to the lady she said my friend was calm and said she had to go and look after her daughter now.

mushpea
26-01-2012, 08:20 PM
i certainly do,, My daughter when she was about 2 used sit in the bath looking behind me at somthing or somone in our old house,, in the house we are in now we have heard foot steps on the landing when no one is upstairs,, at 10pm when I used to go to bed somone always used to walk along the landing although this hasnt happend in a while,, whilst in bed one night somthing tugged at the duvet covers then the next day when my partner who worked nights was in bed the same thing happend to him yet I hadnt told him about my experiance.
as a child I always felt there was a presence in my room

blue bear
26-01-2012, 08:48 PM
In our old house the man who had lived there died, his wife sold the house to us. I often saw a man in the house and thought it was my imagination running over time. I described him to our neighbour who said it was an exact description if the previous owner that died.

miss mopple
26-01-2012, 09:01 PM
gosh this has sent tingles down my spine.

I haven't personally had any experiences, but I do believe there is more out there. I always have, and since I lost my dad 17mths ago I need to believe it more than ever. I'm sure he is still out there watching over us all. If I didn't think he was I don't know how I would get up in the morning to be honest.

Love to read this sort of stuff. Its really reassuring in an odd kind of way

EmmaReed84
26-01-2012, 09:54 PM
gosh this has sent tingles down my spine.

I haven't personally had any experiences, but I do believe there is more out there. I always have, and since I lost my dad 17mths ago I need to believe it more than ever. I'm sure he is still out there watching over us all. If I didn't think he was I don't know how I would get up in the morning to be honest.

Love to read this sort of stuff. Its really reassuring in an odd kind of way

I have had soooo many strange things happen and as I have kept saying with extra posts, things I had sort of forgotten pop in to my head.

I posted about my Uncle passing away and then my Mum winning a tenner... On the day of his funeral it was totally clear blue skies. I went outside to wait for the cars with my cousins and looked up there was one white cloud in the shape of a heart, then next thing the cars pull up and the cloud is fading away pretty quickly considering that there was hardly any wind.

Also Uncle had a wicked sense of humour and the day of his funeral when we were all head to toe in black it just so happened to be the hottest day of the year that year (not that freaky, but could just imagine my Uncle wetting himself laughing at us all sweating away)

PixiePetal
26-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I have had soooo many strange things happen and as I have kept saying with extra posts, things I had sort of forgotten pop in to my head.

I posted about my Uncle passing away and then my Mum winning a tenner... On the day of his funeral it was totally clear blue skies. I went outside to wait for the cars with my cousins and looked up there was one white cloud in the shape of a heart, then next thing the cars pull up and the cloud is fading away pretty quickly considering that there was hardly any wind.

Also Uncle had a wicked sense of humour and the day of his funeral when we were all head to toe in black it just so happened to be the hottest day of the year that year (not that freaky, but could just imagine my Uncle wetting himself laughing at us all sweating away)

You just reminded me - when MIL died we had a family meeting at the house (where we are now living) to sort stuff for funeral/house contents etc. A heart cloud appeared in a clear sky then went away. It was the first time in many years that all 7 siblings were together.

DD saw a bright white light go past our dining room window this eve - not unusual except we live in the middle of no where with no street lights/roads/traffic behind the house - just fields :confused: she is 17

miss mopple
26-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Its funny, but a few weeks after my dad died and just before his funeral (we had to wait a horribly long time to say goodbye :( )I was walking along in the rain on my way back from the hairdressers talking about him to my sister on the phone, 100 miles away and all of a sudden the most beautiful, dramatic rainbow appeared in the sky, and she saw it too. And on the way home from a much needed holiday together last summer we drove through the most perfect, fully formed rainbow. Cant help but think of him every time I see one now :)

Toothfairy
27-01-2012, 08:04 AM
My friend bought a house out in the sticks, with no neighbours around for miles.

She regularly heard children running around and talking upstairs but when she went up, her children were fast asleep. She would hear a child singing on the baby listener but again not from her own children.

One day they were getting ready for school and her son could not find his school shoes, after much searching they had to leave with him wearing trainers. They went out the front door and shot off to school. When they got home in the evening, they tried to come throught he front door but something was jamming behind the door, when they pushed the door open, the boys school shoes were on the mat!!!!!:eek:

Around 6 months after she moved in the lady who owned the house before them came to the door asking if my friend minded if she lay some flowers by the entrance of her drive way, it turned out that the lady's daughter had been killed by a car on the lane outside their house.
She couldn't cope with the memories so sold the house but wanted to come on her anniversary to lay flowers for her.

My friend now thinks that it's her little girl she can hear in the house and the one who moved the shoes.

EmmaReed84
27-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Ohhhhh... Who has This Morning on??? Did you see that guesthouse with the image of a woman in the window?

Spooky... lol We should send this entire thread to them :clapping::laughing: