PDA

View Full Version : A new begining

riokingsjay
22-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi my name is Tara. I have after thinking about it and then giving it up as a bad idea, and then thinking about it again decided to become a childminder.I am booked on a pre-registration course for june:clapping: .

I just have a few questions, some might be obvious:rolleyes: but i still need answers.

Should I be getting my house sorted from now?

Would it make a difference if my son was at home, being home educated by me (problems withs schools)?

I own my house with my mom, she hasnt be well recently (has mobilty problems) and now has carer who comes in the morning, would this be a problem?

would i still be able claim tax credit, or does it work differently as self employed, i have looked on the inland revenue site (as i said obvious questions:) )

How many children over 8 would be allowed, i know under 8 is a maximum of six.

Sorry to go on, i might have more questions i remember later:)

Tara

Blaze
22-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi my name is Tara. I have after thinking about it and then giving it up as a bad idea, and then thinking about it again decided to become a childminder.I am booked on a pre-registration course for june:clapping: .

I just have a few questions, some might be obvious:rolleyes: but i still need answers.

Should I be getting my house sorted from now? Never hurts to be prepared...also easier on your pocket done over time!

Would it make a difference if my son was at home, being home educated by me (problems withs schools)? How old is your son? i can't see it being a problem, but he may find it hard to concentrate with LO's being noisy!

I own my house with my mom, she hasnt be well recently (has mobilty problems) and now has carer who comes in the morning, would this be a problem? No, but both your Mum & her carer would need to be CRB checked.

would i still be able claim tax credit, or does it work differently as self employed, i have looked on the inland revenue site (as i said obvious questions:) ) Depends on your income...but i imagine you may still be able to claim
How many children over 8 would be allowed, i know under 8 is a maximum of six. Insurance usually takes us to 12 children in total.
Sorry to go on, i might have more questions i remember later:) We're here when needed!
Tara

Keep us posted!:)

ajs
22-05-2008, 10:20 AM
i think blaze has answered most of the queries very well
feel free to ask more we're always here to help xx

avril
22-05-2008, 10:24 AM
You may need to provide a plan for ofsted how you can give your son the attention he needs for home learning and also give mindees the attention they need for their development and care.

Good luck :thumbsup:

mrsbumbles
22-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

If you have any more questions to ask, ask away, we all had to start somewhere and were in the same position as you to start with :thumbsup:

sarah707
22-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Hello and welcome! :D

miffy
22-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello Tara

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your registration

miffy xx

emler
22-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi & welcome to the forum

Emler x

ma7ie
22-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

riokingsjay
22-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone and thanks blaze for your answers.

my moms carer is from an agency via social services, i presume she would have been crb'd already (i hope).

i plan to put together a timetable for my son, but if i have children over school age, i think i would need to do the same for them.

oh one more question, i live a fairly new built house (1997), in the deeds it says that we cant run a business but we contacted the council housing department (as we pay the ground rent to them) they didnt have a clue what to do and then said to ring social services. well anyway back to my question does anyone live in a new build and do you have such a clause in your deeds. (the lady two doors up does childminding and her house is the same as mine so if she can why cant i :) )

Thanks again
Tara

FizzysFriends
31-05-2008, 10:11 AM
I've just moved out of a house that was built in 2000. There was clauses in the deeds that I wanted to break so I contacted the builders and they said that once they are fully off the site (the show home was no longer a show home etc) then I could break all of them they didn't care.