PDA

View Full Version : fees while at playgroup

mrs c
24-01-2012, 08:00 AM
I have had a lo from 6months old from 9am until 5.30. He is now over 2 and mum intends putting him in a playgroup and taking him herself. I would be collecting at 11.40. As I would have to leave home at 11.25 to collect, the chances of filling this morning slot are pretty remote so am thinking I should still be charging from 9am.
How would others charge for this?

EmmaReed84
24-01-2012, 08:22 AM
If I wasnt taking LO then I would not charge... If this person came to you now and said they wanted care for after playschool, you wouldnt say ok, but I am charging you from 9am because I cant fill the am space. If they want you to be available during half terms etc then I would perhaps charge a half fee or something like that... would discuss with parent the best mutal option.

However if you are taking AND collecting and responsible for LO during the time then yes I would charge

mrs c
24-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Ah yes, I do have lo full time when playgroup is not on. Also from September lo starts nursery and I will be taking as well as collecting so to be honest I was reluctant to charge less now as this parent will not be expecting to then pay for lo during the hours of nursery and I can see problems ahead with this.

EmmaReed84
24-01-2012, 09:33 AM
I care for a child from 6.45am-5pm and 3 days a week he has 3 hours at playschool (9 hours total) Mum made a comment about changes to the contract (it went from 7am to 6.45am) mum said "yes we need to discuss charges for F during playschool as you wont have him then"

I said I would look in to it. I made a desicion and write this in a letter explaining the reasoning behind my desicion. Basically I will still be charging my normal rate as I will be taking and collecting and also responsible for F during those hours and will have to keep the space free.

When Mum came to collect I explained this to her verbally, then handed her the letter and told her everything we discussed was also in writting.

I think you wil need to think ahead and how you will want to charge and what you will do. Perhaps put £x charge in place and explain that the contract will be reviewed again on X date

mrs c
24-01-2012, 01:10 PM
hmm yes, think I will have to go along those lines. As long as I explain what will happen and when and like you, put it in writing so there won't be any confusion further down the line. thanks

Tippy Toes
24-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I would still charge her from 9am because I wouldnt be able to fill the space.

Or if your worried about asking mum for full fees maybe charge half fee for the time he is at playschool.

The Juggler
24-01-2012, 01:35 PM
i would charge at least half fees from 0800 (which is when I'm open)

Chimps Childminding
24-01-2012, 07:32 PM
If I was taking and collecting I would charge full, but I I was only collecting I would still charge at least half as it is unlikely you will be able to fill the morning, especially if you are needed in the holidays!