PDA

View Full Version : outings policy

toddlers896
23-01-2012, 06:45 PM
can somebody please tell me what the ratio of adults to children is on any outings.

thanks
tracy

nic t
23-01-2012, 06:47 PM
What as a childminder?

If so then whatever your registered ratio is.

toddlers896
23-01-2012, 06:52 PM
What as a childminder?

If so then whatever your registered ratio is.

oh ok, thanks. I havent had my certificate through yet Still waiting on hubbys crb coming back. aaahhh

Thanks
Tracy

nic t
23-01-2012, 06:56 PM
oh ok, thanks. I havent had my certificate through yet Still waiting on hubbys crb coming back. aaahhh

Thanks
Tracy

Ah it will be whatever is on your certificate when it comes through! They used to tell you when the inspector comes to see you for the first time, do they still do that?

miffy
23-01-2012, 08:22 PM
If you've had your pre-reg visit the inspector should have told you how many children you would be registered for. That would be the number of under eights you could take on outings. You would also be allowed to take over eights, your insurance company would tell you the maximum number of children your public liability insurance would cover you for.

Miffy xx

sarah707
23-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Are you reading the bit in the Eyfs where it says that you must have the right ratio for outings and wondering what it means?

I think that bit is there for large provisions who sometimes have various ratios depending on where the children are playing - some with an adult inside, some outside etc but on an outing they must be with the right number of adults and this must be recorded on the outing risk assessment.

While it is a good idea for you to put a question on your outing risk assessment saying -

Within ratios? Yes / no and circling yes or something similar...

it is rarely something childminders have to worry about because we can never mess about with our numbers.

Hth :D

toddlers896
25-01-2012, 04:49 PM
If you've had your pre-reg visit the inspector should have told you how many children you would be registered for. That would be the number of under eights you could take on outings. You would also be allowed to take over eights, your insurance company would tell you the maximum number of children your public liability insurance would cover you for.

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy,
Ive had my pre reg visit but the inspector didnt mention about ratios. Hopefully it will be in my certificate when it finally arrives.Hope its soon. I cant believe its my hubbys crb that is delaying me and the crazy thing is hes got 4 crbs from working in different hospitals so i know they are okay.
Tracy

toddlers896
25-01-2012, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;1041560]Are you reading the bit in the Eyfs where it says that you must have the right ratio for outings and wondering what it means?

I think that bit is there for large provisions who sometimes have various ratios depending on where the children are playing - some with an adult inside, some outside etc but on an outing they must be with the right number of adults and this must be recorded on the outing risk assessment.

While it is a good idea for you to put a question on your outing risk assessment saying -

Within ratios? Yes / no and circling yes or something similar...

it is rarely something childminders have to worry about because we can never mess about with our numbers.

Hi sarah,
yea I did read in in the EYFS and thought it applied to us. I thought we had to put ratios on our outing policy.
Thanks for the info
Tracy