PDA

View Full Version : Tumble Drier recomendations please

desiderata
22-01-2012, 10:40 AM
After yesterday I now need a new tumble drier has anyone any recommendations please.
Thanks for all concern we are fine actually no damage to area where drier was positioned. I didnt look last night as we had to go out so I left it tll just to be brave enough ! House stinks of smoke tho so got all doors and windows open .

samb
22-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Mine is a Hotpoint TVM572 - it has a 7kg capacity which is nice and big - i put my son's single duvet in it yesterday after he wet the bed. It has a delay timer (although never used it), you can set to low or hight heat and the time and heat recomendations are all printed on the front. The thing I like the best is you can set it to "set and forget" so a small cotton/synthetic or larger cotton load or easy iron and it will do it's thing and turn off. It also has an alarm you can set so it will go off when the load is finished to make you more aware - quite handy if you have another load waiting to go in as sometimes I wouldn't realise it had finished. However it is only about 7 months old and my last hotpoint started to have problems after a year and I was constantly calling them out to fix it (I had an extended warranty) - the only reason I have this one is cos they decided to let us have a new one rather than keep coming out!!!