PDA

View Full Version : worried as no mindees.....

lucyD
20-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi all! Just panicing that I will never get any mindees, my cert only came last week & only today my details went on FIS but I am so keen to get going as took ages to get to this point.....

Apparantly there is demand in my area according to CMM but no interest as yet.

Have put cards in P.O, sure starts etc-any other ideas?

Is a leaflet drop really worth it.......?:(

Just wondering how long it took you all to get your first little one?

Thankyou from a very worried newbie!!!!!!

Tippy Toes
20-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I got most of my first ever mindees from a leaflet drop.

It can be hard going and you do need post a lot of leaflets! I posted hundreds and got 3 enquirys, but it was those 3 enquirys I needed IYSWIM?

After registration it was about 2 months before I got any mindess.

Good luck xx

Tinytoes
24-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm in the same boat I'm just going through my pre-reg had my ofsted inspection on the 13th jan just waiting for my CRB's to come through getting leaflets ready to post out this weekend have no mindees yet a few enquiries but nothing firm any ideas suggestions would be very very welcome??? :(

Cariad
25-01-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm sure you're feeling quite anxious about it all at the moment. I hope something turns up for you soon.

claire250182
25-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I know how you feel. I registered early November and I still have no mindees. I have put my business cards everywhere locally, advertised on the internet, FB, SS centres and nothing. Had a few enquiries but was stood up etc....It is so disheartening and I am not bringing a wage in its really tough at the moment. Best of luck xx

amylou32
25-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi Claire

I feel exactly the same as you i registered in Nov and i've had 2 mums come to my house and meet with me but i haven't heard anything from them as they were meeting other minders which already have their ofsted grading. Ive put business cards etc in shops etc and its so frustrating because of all the work i've put in and not getting anything back :angry:

lucyD
25-01-2012, 08:30 PM
It is worrying, one of the reasons I decided to go ahead with childminding was the ladies from ICP course said there was high demand in my area ( I live in a rural area) but since discovered there is another childmminder just up the road from me who has been reg 4 months. Think she should have told me that! Hoping now that there IS enough work for us both!! Oh well just got to do all we can to let people know we exist & hope we get some calls....quit my job now so hope it starts ringing soon !!:(

Fraggle1
25-01-2012, 08:34 PM
hiya!

I got both of my mindee's cause i was on Childcare.co.uk I know there are others out there aswell but this one really seems to work, good luck! xx

Demonjill
26-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi :)

All 5 of my mindees have come from childcare.co.uk and I have another looking likely to sign up:clapping:

Its been so worth the discounted rate of membership:thumbsup:

I have got loads of business cards and postcards for going out but they are still in the box:blush: as i didnt want to advertise until left retail job( my boss stays near me lol) but now im potentially as full as i want to be so will use them if/when i get quiet:thumbsup:

amylou32
26-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Thats good one of the people who have been to see me came from their so i am still optimistic that they will get in touch meaning though they only visited on tuesday. Did you contact the parents advertising for a childminder or did they contact you?

nikki thomson
26-01-2012, 12:56 PM
It is worrying, one of the reasons I decided to go ahead with childminding was the ladies from ICP course said there was high demand in my area ( I live in a rural area) but since discovered there is another childmminder just up the road from me who has been reg 4 months. Think she should have told me that! Hoping now that there IS enough work for us both!! Oh well just got to do all we can to let people know we exist & hope we get some calls....quit my job now so hope it starts ringing soon !!:(

I'm rural and discovered there's 56 childminders in my area!!!!! I was gobsmacked when my network co-ordinator told me and to top it all off about 10 of them live on my street.
I get my mindee's through recommendations I rarely get phone enquiries and when I do it's usually for 2 hrs a day, complete waste of time.
Childcare.co.uk are supposed to be good at getting enquiries. X

Cariad
28-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Wow 56 local childminders! I suppose that's what you call healthy competition

lucyD
28-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I reg on childcare.co.uk but I'm not happy to spend on gold membership when I have no money coming in!! Have had an enquiry through someone I know but she hasn't even had the baby yet lol!! Think I may have to find a part-time job you know & put this on the back burner :(

Zumba-mum
28-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I registered in Oct and have only just started work, had parents come visit but decided to use a cm closer. Defo worth going to childminding groups and toddlers groups and get the word about. I still have a few spaces to till but there is a lot of cm round by me. Good luck and it want be long till you have little one to look after.

CH1957
28-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I registered in October and still only got 1 mindee 14 hours a week who started beginning of January. Ive advertised everywhere and gold membership for childcare.co.uk but still no luck. I'll have to give up soon and go back to a 'proper' job!!