PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Potatoes!!

Fraggle1
19-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Hiya!

Seeing as our potato pack will prob. arrive in February, I thought we would explore the world of potatoes in Feb! My idea's so far are:-

Growing
Potato printing
Touchy feely mash (mash play with food colouring in)
Making spudsters (ugly clay potatoes! ha ha ha )
Singing - one potato, two potato, three potato etc...
Cooking - jackets, boiled, mashing, wedges
Shops - exploring different spuds, bagged, soiled, small, big etc....
Potato faces - sticking other veg in to make funny faces

Can anyone think of any other idea's I can put down in planning for spuds? :) x

*daisychain*
20-01-2012, 07:45 AM
How about a bit of construction by stabbing your spuds with cocktail sticks and attatching it all together ? prob best with salad potatoes, can make geometric shapes
And play with a Mr. Potato head !

supermumy
18-02-2012, 07:33 PM
some fab ideas my potatoe growing kit come today x

Suebb1
24-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Some lovely ideas. Thanks for sharing. My potatoes came yesterday and now my spare bedroom has been taken over by lots of potatoes chitting in egg boxes ( hubby has an allotment so we have loads to plant!)

zippy
24-02-2012, 03:01 PM
It's amazing how a freebie can give you the bug, just got hubby to pick me ip a big pop up greenhouse from b&q packs away like a tent can't wait to see it, love the growing one in a bottle idea.

Maza
24-02-2012, 03:53 PM
A treasure basket of potatoes! I did this and it's amazing what they come up with! The little ones did mostly transporting and posting and rolling. The older ones played shopping. We used scales in role play and made patterns/designs using lots of potatoes. Lots of counting. Sorting by size. Collecting/handling data - who prefers roast, mash, boiled etc.