PDA

View Full Version : Policies and Contracts

EmmaReed84
19-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I am just going over my paperwork and changing a few things such as fees and policies for any new contracts.

I have a parent pack which I give to new families which includes
Cover page - my details, address, number, emergency childminder details, reg number etc.
Complaints and confidentiality policy/procedure
Safeguarding children policy/procedure
Copy of Ofsted parent poster
List of useful numbers
Summary of rates and services...

In my summary of rates and services it briefly outlines my policies on Late collection/late payment/deposits/contracted hours/contracted days/holidays

I have read so many horror stories on here of parents saying they were not informed etc so I thought by giving them this they can refer back to it without having page after page of detailed policies. I will be giving parents an electronic copy of all my policies but like one parent said to me once "Who has the time to sit and read them all"

I have put at the bottom "Please keep this for your information to refer back to if needed. All the information here is provided in more detail in my policies. My policies are part of the contract of agreement and are legally binding. I have the right to terminate a contract without notice should there be any breach of the agreement"

Can I actually put that or not? I use the NCMA contracts and obviously fill in the relevant parts for charges etc, but can I actually state that my policies form my contract?

sarah707
20-01-2012, 07:46 AM
If you are insured with NCMA my understanding is that you cannot terminate without notice. You have to give notice, wait and go through the notice period stated on the contract, then the child leaves at the end of the notice.

If you are unsure I suggest you read your insurance handbook or give them a ring.

Hth :D

miffy
20-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd give NCMA a ring and check, they've recently changed insurers so it might be different now.

It would be good to have it clarified.

Miffy xx