PDA

View Full Version : My brave DD9 at the dentist...

ninagee
19-01-2012, 08:31 PM
DD9's teeth lost so far have been no problem. But her 2 top canines were stopping her from eating and for the last 4 days she has been literally on a liquid diet. I finally persuaded her to visit the dentist and got an emergency appointment this morning.

Dentist takes a look, calls the senior dentist and after local anaesthetic take both teeth out. The dentist and nurse were brilliant in keeping her calm. I held her hands and it was so hard to see tears in her eyes as they sorted her out. She had her first proper meal tonight followed by ice cream! I am so proud how she coped with the whole situation. I was terrified just watching it all.

Nina :)

Zumba-mum
19-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I bet you were, she's very brave. I

sarah707
20-01-2012, 07:53 AM
awww bless her! I prescribe lots of ice cream until she feels better.

Give her a hug from me xx

ORKSIE
20-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh Bless her...Hugs to you both:)

xx

kellib
20-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow, she's a lot braver than I would have been!!

I have to go through this with my son next week, he currently has an infection so has to go back next week to get the tooth taken out! I've no doubt he'll be the one who is as cool as anything whereas I'll be a mess!!

ninagee
22-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Update on DD9 - she has had a few tears since the visit and a bit of bleeding whilst cleaning her teeth. Eating levels back to normal at last.

Another tooth fell out tonight around 9pm whilst she was sleeping. She was a bit shaken up and has finally fallen asleep. Only 7 teeth left for the tooth fairy...

Nina :)