PDA

View Full Version : How do vouchers work?

Newsuz
19-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Never used vouchers before, are they a nightmare?

Toothfairy
19-01-2012, 10:53 AM
I've had parents pay me with vouchers for over a year now. I am registered with 3 different companies and so far I've never had a problem.

Easy to use, I just registered with each company, sent them a copy of my registration certificate, the parents tell the company when my pay day is and the money is transfered into my account by that day (it may go in a day late if it falls on a bank holiday).

Each parent can pay up to £243 in vouchers and then they just pay you the rest (if there is any) to you by cheque/cash or direct transfer etc.

AliceK
19-01-2012, 10:56 AM
No they are not a pain at all. Once you have registered with the various voucher company the parent authorises the payment their end every month / week and the money is paid into your bank. Just remember it will take 3 days once the parent has paid the voucher for it to hit your bank. I take all vouchers as all my parents use one voucher company or another.

xxx

Newsuz
19-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks, What is the £243 limit? Monthly, weekly?

Greengrass74
19-01-2012, 11:24 AM
We have no problems with vouchers, like others have said once registered everything is easy, the only thing is that they do tend to come a little late, we get ours cleared and in the bank normally by the 4th or 5th of the month.

kayz90
19-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Sorry guys completly different subject but i dont know how to send a new post lol!!! Is there a reason why i cant look at links that people have put on there threads, cos i need some help with an 'about you' form for my new starters... Thanks in advance xxxx

Pauline
19-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Sorry guys completly different subject but i dont know how to send a new post lol!!! Is there a reason why i cant look at links that people have put on there threads, cos i need some help with an 'about you' form for my new starters... Thanks in advance xxxx

If you need help starting a new thread there is help here:

www.childmindingforum.co.u/howto.html :thumbsup:

It is because you are a new member that you cannot yet access everything, full details in the link in your welcome message or in the "Members Information Section"

:)

rickysmiths
19-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks, What is the £243 limit? Monthly, weekly?

The maximum each parent can pay you via Childcare Vouchers is £243 per month each. So for a mum and dad who are both registered with a voucher company they can pay up to £486 per month towards childcare fees.

It may be if the parents work for different companies that their companies will use different voucher companies and so you will be paid two separate amounts one from each of the companies.

This is perfectly normal. I was first paid childcare vouchers 17 years ago by my very first parents. I am now registered with about 6 different companies. If you are not registered it is a simple process. You will either be given a form to fill in with your details, bank details to send to the company with a copy of your registration certificate. You may be able to register online but you will still need to send a copy of your registration cert.

The voucher money is then paid directly into your bank account each week or more usually each month.

christine e
19-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I have four parents paying by vouchers - three arrange for the money to go straight into my bank account the fourth actually gives me the voucher and I redeem it online and it is then paid into my bank account

Cx

~Chelle~
19-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Never had any problem at all x

Mouse
19-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm like Christine. Some of my voucher payers give me the actual paper voucher, which I redeem. Others make a payment straight into my bank account. Either way, it's always been very straight forward :thumbsup:

kayz90
20-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Ahh i still cant send a new post really need help xxxx

Pauline
20-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Ahh i still cant send a new post really need help xxxx

Have you looked at the link I gave you which gives the photo help?

kayz90
20-01-2012, 09:41 AM
i tried but the link didnt work hun xxx

tinyp164
20-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi there,
I have found this info really helpful! Just had confirmation on my very first mindee and mum has asked if I acept childcare vouchers, not knowing what to do about this I said I would get back to her once I had looked into it...really meant google and on here! I think that it does sound like a good idea and seems as a lot of you are saying its fairly easy I think I will get back to mum and say yes, trail and error I suppose until I get going properly!
Thanks so much!

Diana67
20-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi everyone has any one got a list of voucher companys so as I can register as I am going to start adverticeing Feb thanks all.:)

Mouse
20-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone has any one got a list of voucher companys so as I can register as I am going to start adverticeing Feb thanks all.:)

Hi Diana

There are lots of different companies and sometimes you need to register at the same time as a parent, so it really isn't worth doing it yet. You could register with them all then never actually need them.

In your advertising I would just say that you are happy to accept vouchers.

Stapleton83
20-01-2012, 06:14 PM
They are good and it means you get paid automatically not a question of waiting for the parent to instigate a cheque/cash or an online bank transfer. The upside to the parent is they can get the cost of their childcare taken out of their salary before they pay tax on it which is a big bonus as it reduces their childcare costs down:) win win

Sam

Pauline
20-01-2012, 07:20 PM
i tried but the link didnt work hun xxx

I do apologise in my rush I missed a letter out, this is it:

www.childmindingforum.co.uk/howto.html

I will message you too to try and help :)