PDA

View Full Version : 15 kids and counting

clorogue
17-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Is anybody watching this? Oh my goodness.......what do you think?

PixiePetal
17-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I know someone who has at least 12 - that's when I lost touch but sure she did have more. Nice family and well organised - worked as a team

Monkey26
17-01-2012, 10:00 PM
what channel? xx

Chimps Childminding
17-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Put it on Sky+ thought it was going to be the american famly when I saw it listed, but obviously its not! You would have to be organised with a famly that size!!! Looking forward to watching it when I get a look in at the tv :rolleyes:

sarahlou
17-01-2012, 10:20 PM
i watched the updated version 19 kids and counting! - god imagine:panic:

clorogue
17-01-2012, 10:21 PM
It was on at 9-10 on Channel 4. Was so interesting - but a completely different family life! Also the money!

lozzy23
17-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh my word, three was enough for me. Think of all the grandchildren they could have:eek:

betty boop
17-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Imagine Bath time :panic:

tashaleee
18-01-2012, 07:51 AM
I meant to watch it but forgot it was on :blush:

cherry
18-01-2012, 07:55 AM
The mum that home taught her children, how is she going to do that now she has twins.

I looked after 3 month old twins last week and there was no way I had any spare time. When they were asleep I was busy making up bottles and other baby things.

LOOPYLISA
18-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Sorry but why?

They were saying how much things cost and how busy they were, well dont keep having more then grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr simples!:angry:

Penny1959
18-01-2012, 09:12 AM
I watched it - and to be honest I expected to be on my hobby horse BUT I was amazed and impressed with the family of 14 expecting 15 with their organisation and the fact that they clearly loved and cared for each child. They also worked very hard to support the family financially (although they must also get working tax credits and a huge amount of child benefit). Once I found out that both parents had been adopted I could sort of understand why they they wanted a large family and never to be alone.

The second family expecting twins - I had more problems understanding their reasons - due to the potential health issues and the potential impact on the family if something happened to mum especially as she has chosen to home educate but accepted their reasons were valid to them.

Penny :)

Happy Bunny
18-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I have 5 children lol
I would have loved to have another one but due to one of mine having special needs and another with health issues I stopped.
As long as each child is cared for and loved should it matter how many children some people have.
Yes I know there are some people out there who to be blunt pop them out and stay on benefits but if the parents work and want this amount of children then good luck to them.

dette
18-01-2012, 11:32 AM
We have seven and i thought that was alot.All mine are still at home and range from 21 to 3 and i have 3 mindees .We have a big yellow school bus for a family car :)
I have one with diabetes and one with aspergers ,i can never find shoes in the morning,i always have loads of ironing every meal feels like im preparing for a banquet but i wouldnt be without them.We are considering having another one and i know everyone will think we are stupid but we love having children not just babies.It is a fact that the more you have the easier it gets so the lady off this program with 15 must have a really easy life :):)

sharonmanc
18-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I though they showed the families in a good light, I am one of 9, and love big families. the lady who had twins was a devout catholic, so from a religious stand point she was against contraception, I like her home schooling, she will probably find it difficult at first with the twisn, but the beauty of homeschooling is you dont hav to stick to conventional school terms.

The family of 14 was lovely to see, the children were lovd cared for, and such a wonderful family. I can understand why they had so many both being adopted. They were fit healthy, worked hard to support their family, I say why not.

babs
18-01-2012, 01:06 PM
years ago having 10 - 15 children was the norm and no one questioned it but today the cost of living is so much more expensive that people stop at 2 or 3. my grandad was middle one of 15 siblings ( on my mums side ) on my dads side we have two huge family bibles and in one family they had 17 children. I on the other hand only have one age 20 next month wanted more but it wasn't to be.

Cammie Doodle
18-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I watched it - and to be honest I expected to be on my hobby horse BUT I was amazed and impressed with the family of 14 expecting 15 with their organisation and the fact that they clearly loved and cared for each child. They also worked very hard to support the family financially (although they must also get working tax credits and a huge amount of child benefit). Once I found out that both parents had been adopted I could sort of understand why they they wanted a large family and never to be alone.

The second family expecting twins - I had more problems understanding their reasons - due to the potential health issues and the potential impact on the family if something happened to mum especially as she has chosen to home educate but accepted their reasons were valid to them.

You have exactly same opinion on this as me. I enjoyed watching it .

The Juggler
18-01-2012, 01:34 PM

I only caught the very end when they brought new baby home. the other kids were soooo lovely about the new baby - I expected it to be a chaos household but they were all so calm. I also saw mum and Dad explain about the adoption and how this made them want lots of kids. They seemed a lovely family :)

nikki thomson
18-01-2012, 01:35 PM
It was refreshing to see a documentary about large families that was so positive, it usually centres around some benefit family who just think the government should pay for them.
The mum of 14 was amazing, she looked so good considering she must never sit down, and she never shouted at them it was just lovely, they work hard and as a team, yes it was very noisy but a great family.
The other family were nice as well, not sure about the home schooling, but that's a different thing altogether and with 4 c-sections under her belt I think they need to think carefully before they have anymore for health reasons, but it was a great viewing. X

jane5
18-01-2012, 09:38 PM
It was refreshing to see a documentary about large families that was so positive, it usually centres around some benefit family who just think the government should pay for them.
The mum of 14 was amazing, she looked so good considering she must never sit down, and she never shouted at them it was just lovely, they work hard and as a team, yes it was very noisy but a great family.
The other family were nice as well, not sure about the home schooling, but that's a different thing altogether and with 4 c-sections under her belt I think they need to think carefully before they have anymore for health reasons, but it was a great viewing. X

I also thought it was good to see such lovely families because large families are often portrayed as unemployed and living off benefits with children who do not get enough attention from their parents.

I really enjoyed the program and will be watching next week :thumbsup:

Becci26
19-01-2012, 07:07 AM

Penny, you always have a fab way of putting things into words!

This is exactly my thoughts on the families, found the programme very interesting! Not sure I'd be up for it though :laughing:

Twinkles
19-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I thought my 4 was a lot !