PDA

View Full Version : Does this look okay?

rachelle
16-01-2012, 09:52 PM
My learning journals are sectioned - all about me, eyfs sheets for age group and then the assessment sheets i do as attached. Is this okay? It seems to work for me but not sure if it's enough iykwim.

sarah707
17-01-2012, 10:41 PM
That's lovely Rachelle! Why do you think it's not enough? :D

angeldelight
17-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Have confidence in yourself

That is great well done to you :clapping:

Angel xx

betty boop
17-01-2012, 10:44 PM
looks good to me :thumbsup:

rachelle
18-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Thank you. Sarah the local authority like all early years setting to use their paperwork which includes a half termly next steps sheet. I am trying to find a balance between theirs and mine but not working in terms I don't find the half termly sheet useful and prefer the next steps as i do them on my obs. Was trying to work out if my way was enough or if I needed more. Plus it's easy to lose confidence when pre school send theirs home and they are totally different! :)

sarah707
18-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Half termly or termly summary assessments can be really useful as you are looking back over your obs and check the child is progressing.

From reading the new Eyfs which is due out in Sept I think there will be more of a requirement to write them as well.

what you are doing as obs, assessment and planning is lovely. Why not bed that in and then when you are ready to think about progressing with your paperwork, you could consider extending that format into a summary assessment layout of your choice.

Maybe a photo of the child (as you have with the artwork) and then some notes about his achievements over the past months...

Hth :D

miffy
18-01-2012, 07:42 AM
That's lovely Rachelle.

There is a child's name in the last sentence though, don't know if you meant to leave it in?

Miffy xx