PDA

View Full Version : Contract from NCMA?

lucyD
16-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Just received contracts & very surprised how simple they are! & just concerned there is no where to record your hourly rate that has been agreed or hours etc.. is this ok? what is everyones experience of these contracts/advice Thanks

Penny1959
16-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Surprised to read that you say they are simple - last time I looked the guidance notes were a nightmare - maybe I should look at them again.

Despite being what is known as 'a NCMA person' I do not use their contracts as they dio not meet my needs (at least they didn't last time I looked) due to the unusual hours I work and going straight from childminding to babysitting with one child so different rates.

Will be interested to read others opinions

Penny :)

rickysmiths
16-01-2012, 02:14 PM
There is a space to record all the hours and your hourly rate/weekly/monthly charges, charges for holiday and Bank holiday. All on page two.

Are you sure you have the full 3 page contracts?

It sounds as if you may have got the one page Short term contracts by mistake, these are mean for a max of 30 days care.

Playmate
16-01-2012, 02:17 PM
There is a space to record all the hours and your hourly rate/weekly/monthly charges, charges for holiday and Bank holiday. All on page two.

Are you sure you have the full 3 page contracts?

It sounds as if you may have got the one page Short term contracts by mistake, these are mean for a max of 30 days care.

Haven't looked at them for about a year for the same reason as Penny, but as Ricky points out all this info used to be on the second page.

loocyloo
16-01-2012, 02:26 PM
the new contracts are now 4 pages long and a nightmare.

they seem to have 'copy and pasted' bits all over, so that instead of having childs name on top of each page, sometimes its not there, or is half way down the page !!!

i end up annotating the contracts all over the place to make them relevant to me!

rickysmiths
16-01-2012, 02:30 PM
the new contracts are now 4 pages long and a nightmare.

they seem to have 'copy and pasted' bits all over, so that instead of having childs name on top of each page, sometimes its not there, or is half way down the page !!!

i end up annotating the contracts all over the place to make them relevant to me!

Oh my goodness!!! It sounds a nightmare. What have they added to take them to 4 pages? When did they change again?

loocyloo
16-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh my goodness!!! It sounds a nightmare. What have they added to take them to 4 pages? When did they change again?

not sure when they changed ... i think i had some in the april and they were old ones. i bought some in september and they were these new ones!

1st page now has info about parental responsibility/legal contact added to the usual child/parent/childminder info
2nd page has emergency contact numbers/relationship, then the shaded bit about retainers/settling in etc then childs name (!!! LOL !!!) contracted hours/notes
3rd page has charges/additional charges/who pays etc
4th page has childminder/parent signature, then childs name again, then all the 'small print' plus signatures again!

i don't like having 'nuts & bolts' of hours/fees & then signature on different pages and it seems to assume a 'one size' fits all! i have some children with different hours/days termtime & holiday time, some who have some funded sessions, some who are all funded and the small print seems smaller than ever!

lucyD
16-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Ooops been a right plonker & only looked at page 1, assumed they were all the same!! ok thanks guys. I have 3 part ones as got them cheap on ebay! May make my own up next time if the new ones are a nightmare

rickysmiths
16-01-2012, 05:26 PM
not sure when they changed ... i think i had some in the april and they were old ones. i bought some in september and they were these new ones!

1st page now has info about parental responsibility/legal contact added to the usual child/parent/childminder info
2nd page has emergency contact numbers/relationship, then the shaded bit about retainers/settling in etc then childs name (!!! LOL !!!) contracted hours/notes
3rd page has charges/additional charges/who pays etc
4th page has childminder/parent signature, then childs name again, then all the 'small print' plus signatures again!

i don't like having 'nuts & bolts' of hours/fees & then signature on different pages and it seems to assume a 'one size' fits all! i have some children with different hours/days termtime & holiday time, some who have some funded sessions, some who are all funded and the small print seems smaller than ever!

I shall be interested to see these! Is there still a clear box to add in your own info, where I put in about late payment fees and late collection fees and anything else like the one on page 2 of the 3 page one? I would get my parents to sign each page because each page of a contract should be signed by all parties and names should be on each page as well.