PDA

View Full Version : Insurances?

afsha1810
14-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Hay everyone,

I know I need to get public liability insurance and my car insurance once I have received my certificate (which should be soon :clapping:)

Can anyone tell me if I need to have any other insurances to cover me as a childminder?

Thanks

Afsha :)

tulip0803
14-01-2012, 10:42 PM
You also need to tell your house insurances people. You may find that some home insurance companies refuse accidental damage or refuse to insure a childminder completely - does depend on the company. If they do cause problems churchill, direct line, Morten Michel and NCMA are good for childminding. There are others but these are the ones I have used.

Good luck

afsha1810
14-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks Tulip0803 :)

I would also like to know as the CM does the car insurance policy have to be in my name or can it be in my husband's name and my name showing as a named driver or does it have to be the other way round??

You see the car insurance policy is currently in my husband's name and I am a named driver on the policy

Afsha:)

tulip0803
15-01-2012, 01:50 AM
I have a car and am a named driver on my husband's policy. I have business insurance for my childminding business on both policies. His says something like "business insurance in relation to her business." This allows me to drive both cars (His is cheaper to run if I do not need the 7 seater:p).

Again some insurance companies are better at insuring childminders than others. It cost me nothing to add it to my policy or my husband's policy, but there may be a charge depending on the insurance company (or it may put the premium up) I have never had this problem with any of the companies I have insured with though.

LittleBuds
16-01-2012, 09:26 PM
When you say house insurance do you mean contents or building insurance or both?
We are in a rented property and the landlord has given me written permission to operate as a childminder, have no idea if he's notified the buildingd insurer though - doubt it, he's a bit rubbish! should I prompt him?

Thanks,
A.