PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a paper return to hand?

Chatterbox Childcare
14-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I have finally finished entering data into my own personal tax return and got this error, only problem is the boxes are not labelled.

Does anyone have a paper copy that they could look at and tell me what these boxes in brackets represent so I can look at mine?

Really fed up with this now! :mad:

There is an entry in box [SPS5]. The entry in box [SPS6] must be the same as or later than [SPS5]. Please check.

MrAnchovy
15-01-2012, 12:32 AM
All the paper forms (and notes) can be downloaded from HMRC here (http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/forms/selfassessmentforms.page) - as you have found out it is almost impossible to do the returns online without the paper return in front of you because the notes refer to box numbers which are not shown on the online return!

From the letters SPS are you on the Partnership page of the individual return? If so, box 5 is the start of the period of account (1/10/10 in your case) and box 6 is the end (5/4/11 or 31/3/11). If it is the self employed page, box 5 is the date the business started (which you should leave blank) and box 6 the date the business ended (30/9/10). Probably best to check all the dates on all the pages :)

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Thank you - again!

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2012, 07:51 PM
All done and dusted - never been so pleased to see the back of a return. Now to pay the bill but I think that can wait another week! :D

MrAnchovy
15-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Well done, fancy becoming an accountant now :D ?