PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit on Monday!!!!

Rachael77
14-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone has recently had their pre reg visit and has any advice for me? Think Im pretty much covered with regards to policies and procedures but am not fully confident that Ive prepared fully for the learning and development side of things....starting to panic now! Help please! :panic:

Pauline
14-01-2012, 03:11 PM
There are lots of members just going through registration so you will get lots of help. :thumbsup:

I will just move your post to the starting childminding section, you will get more response there (this section is for problems with the forum :))

Shamai
14-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi I had my pre-reg visit in October last year and it was basically going through the EYFS six areas of learning and answering questions from the pre-reg booklet that came with my Ofsted papers. I also had an action plan of things that needed doing/things that I needed to buy eg. safety gate, fire guard, cupboard locks, make my garden safe etc. I think it varies from area to area but if you type in "pre-registration visit" in the search bar above you will have other similar posts which give lots of different (and probably more helpful) advice! Lots of luck - the lady who visited me was lovely and put me at ease straight away so I wasn't so nervous x

Sai
14-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I had my pre-reg visit back in early December, yes, I would definitely advise in filling in the preparing for your registration visit booklet, even though my inspector didn't go through it, it was useful tool for me as a refresher in prep for the visit. I also put a lot of posters (well A$ print outs) up around the house relating to EYFS and the 6 areas of learning and various activities and these seemed to have subliminally sunk! Good luck!:)

Zumba-mum
15-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I had mine in Oct and was so nervous but it was fine, they come to help you so really don't worry. defo fill in your booklet and don't be shy to ask questions. They don't expect you to know everything your only just starting out. Good luck for Monday and don't forget to pot how it goes :thumbsup:

llkbabob
15-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I had my pre reg on wed was really nervous,but had nothing to worry about :)
I had my p+p ready, with i list of one i still had to do, risk assessments started, things i needed to buy and my pre reg booklet.
She asked me questions from the booklet in order so i could look them up, she was here for about 2 hrs!!
just make sure you have parental responsibility policy and your safeguard one, because she was going through mine and she came to the last on e (parental responsibility) and said oh good thats the one i was looking for, if i hadn't of had that it woulld of been a different story. These are the two main ones she told me.
have a first aid kit and fire blanket or tell her you know you have to have them.
anyway rambling:) she was really nice and she had a tick list of what she had asked and then looked around my house and that was it
had a nice cup of tea and relaxed before pick my two lo's up from school.
hope this helps

Velleity
15-01-2012, 06:20 PM
The one that visited me wouldn't let me look at the booklet for my answers so don't rely on it :p

LadyC
16-01-2012, 08:24 PM
What's the parental responsibility one?! I thought the course I've just completed covered all policies and proecdures needed but I can't put my hands on one which refers to parental responsibility?! Aaaaarrrggghh- help.

llkbabob
27-01-2012, 01:29 PM
What's the parental responsibility one?! I thought the course I've just completed covered all policies and proecdures needed but I can't put my hands on one which refers to parental responsibility?! Aaaaarrrggghh- help.

parental responsibility and legal contact,EYFS framework statutory requiremmrnt 'safeguarding and promoting children's welfare' states that childcare providers must obtain 'information about who has legal contact with the child and who has parental responsilbility'

Quoted from direct.gov

Who has parental responsibility?

A mother automatically has parental responsibility for her child from birth. However, the conditions for fathers gaining parental responsibility varies throughout the UK.
For births registered in England and Wales

In England and Wales, if the parents of a child are married to each other at the time of the birth, or if they have jointly adopted a child, then they both have parental responsibility. Parents do not lose parental responsibility if they divorce, and this applies to both the resident and the non-resident parent.

This is not automatically the case for unmarried parents. According to current law, a mother always has parental responsibility for her child. A father, however, has this responsibility only if he is married to the mother when the child is born or has acquired legal responsibility for his child through one of these three routes:

(from 1 December 2003) by jointly registering the birth of the child with the mother
by a parental responsibility agreement with the mother
by a parental responsibility order, made by a court

Living with the mother, even for a long time, does not give a father parental responsibility and if the parents are not married, parental responsibility does not always pass to the natural father if the mother dies.

All parents (including adoptive parents) have a legal duty to financially support their child, whether they have parental responsibility or not.

hope this helps:)

Tippy Toes
27-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Just wanted to say good luck, im sure you'll do great x

sharonmanc
27-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I had mine today, was so stressed over it, but I am surprised at how much i knew after all. The lady was lovely, was very helpfull, and although i filled in the booklet I did not need to open it, as it was move liek a conversation I was having so put me at ease ( I had my daughter test me the past 2 nights :D)

They are looking for things to be clean and safe, and gave some good suggestions, was pleased i was recommended for my max numbers and 1 for over night care.