PDA

View Full Version : How have you managed?

child_friendly
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Don't know if posting in the right area, sorry if am not.
On a personal note and just wondering how u have u managed to finance ur childminding from the start?
I am just in the process of getting registered am am properly getting a head of myself, but want to be prepared and feel confident i have everything i need when i do eventually get children to mind.

I am talking about being able to purchase double pushchairs (if needed), car seats, highchairs, protective clothing for messy play/ outside play, play equipment and any other big equipment.....
I know i can get the parents to put the car seats in my car when they drop the children off so thats a solution for that, but am thinking of purchasing a double pushchair etc. I just don't know where the money is going to come from to pay for things!!!:( Was so excited at the beginning of starting the process, but thinking more now about purchasing things is kinda getting me down as i don't have any money to pay for things. Sorry for the rant!! Just feel like sharing with others and seeing what other people think.

VeggieSausage
12-01-2012, 01:30 PM
don't buy things before you need them, certainly not double buggies until you know you need one, may not for years need a double depending on the age and days of your children. yes safety equipment etc and some basic resources but I would say wait until you know the childrens ages. I have built up my resources over time and added to it as and when I need it otherwise you will be bankrupted. also look out for secondhand buggies etc :)

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I was lucky as I had a lot of stuff anyway from my own kids. Although no dolls, pushchairs etc so had to buy them. I also had to buy a few extra bits but did it in dribs abd drabs as and when I needed it... Also now I am working I put £x away each month which my is CM fund it is for resourses, messy play groups and anything I may need to buy CM related... That way I dont feel like I am spending "MY2 money on it if that makes sense

The Juggler
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
visit bootfairs, charity shops, freecycle and gumtree and netmums. I agree don't buy a double before you absolutely need to.

Also smallworld sets you can get cheaply on e=bay. Also check your local toy library/resource centre or children's centre for toys on loan to minders.:thumbsup: