PDA

View Full Version : How "Weird" are you?

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Just a bit of fun, I need a bit of cheering up... feeling sorry for myself lol.

As the question asks... How weird are you?

I have to have things in a certain way... Example, today I did scrambled eggs for the kids. I had a fresh box of 15 eggs and used four eggs. I had to get one from each corner so the box stayed symetrical lol... Whenever I do thing like that DH rolls his eyes and calls me weird lol

I also have a Virgin box with record and if we watch a film I have to fast forward it so it showes as "viewed" and not "partially viewed" bugs husband to high heaven when I do that lol

Mouse
12-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Just a bit of fun, I need a bit of cheering up... feeling sorry for myself lol.

As the question asks... How weird are you?

I have to have things in a certain way... Example, today I did scrambled eggs for the kids. I had a fresh box of 15 eggs and used four eggs. I had to get one from each corner so the box stayed symetrical lol... Whenever I do thing like that DH rolls his eyes and calls me weird lol

I also have a Virgin box with record and if we watch a film I have to fast forward it so it showes as "viewed" and not "partially viewed" bugs husband to high heaven when I do that lol

That all sounds perfectly normal to me :laughing:

If I'm using anything with a volume control (TV, CD player etc) I can't have it on volume 13. I am not a superstitious person, but I just cannot leave anything on number 13!

And my own kids always say I'm wierd when they make me a cup of coffee or get me a glass of water. They have to rince the cup or glass under the cold tap first, but mustn't dry it! I don't see anything wrong with that, but they seem to think it's wierd.

mum2two
12-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I can only drink coffee out of certain cups. (Same as my mum!) If I'm round someones and the offer me a drink, I have to spot the cup first.

To me, it tastes wrong if the cup is wrong. DH doesn't get that and still laughs!

xx

foxy lady
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
crisp packets HAVE HAVE HAVE to be opened the right way up i just cant bear it when people open them upside down lol.

francinejayne
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
the volume has to be on an even number or a multiple of 5!

RachelE
12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
All my clothes pegs have to match! - For example I use all of one colour first then all another colour and then another.
Dh thinks I'm strange and mixes them up - which he knows winds me up!!

Rachel x

Velleity
12-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Oh I do the cup thing too!
I hate drinking out of cups that are too dark on the inside or ones that have fat rims.

Mollymop
12-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I think we all do funny things like this.
I am one of the weird ones who likes even numbers so if I was to stand on a crack in the pavement I have to stand on another one with my other foot!:rolleyes:

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I am one of the weird ones who likes even numbers so if I was to stand on a crack in the pavement I have to stand on another one with my other foot!:rolleyes:

That one really made me laugh I can just picture you walk along now lol :laughing::laughing:

francinejayne
12-01-2012, 12:56 PM
All my clothes pegs have to match! - For example I use all of one colour first then all another colour and then another.

Rachel x

Oh I do this too! I thought this was normal!!

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Ha me and dd are like this ^^^, and crisp packets have to be opened the right way up!

I always have to check all the switches are off, even open the oven and make sure its cold :blush::laughing:

I am weird, even hubby wonders what hes got himself into :jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Snap :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM

Rachel x

Snap :laughing:

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Snap :laughing:

So basically what you are saying you are the weirdest of us all lol :laughing::laughing:

Mouse
12-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Rachel x

I have to do that as well. I don't often put clothes on the line, but when I do, I have a rotary line, with 4 sections. Each section has it's own colour peg. I don't see anything wierd about it... it just looks nicer :p

kellib
12-01-2012, 01:33 PM
crisp packets HAVE HAVE HAVE to be opened the right way up i just cant bear it when people open them upside down lol.

Completely agree!!

I have a Sky box and completely panic if I get to below 40% left and if anything says 'viewed' I have to delete it! It drives my son mad cos he wants to keep all his programmes and I delete them as soon as he's watched them :laughing:

betty boop
12-01-2012, 01:35 PM

My brother does that:)

justdaz
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Well, sounds like I am more normal than I thought:laughing:
I do a number of the fore-mentioned.

Tea from china mug, coffee from pot one.
All hangers in wardrobe have to have labels facing left and front of clotes facing left.
Cups stacked in cupboard in tea/coffee, kids un-stacking dishwasher NEVER do this.
The list could go on......

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 01:41 PM
So basically what you are saying you are the weirdest of us all lol :laughing::laughing:

:laughing: probably :D

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, sounds like I am more normal than I thought:laughing:
I do a number of the fore-mentioned.

Tea from china mug, coffee from pot one.
All hangers in wardrobe have to have labels facing left and front of clotes facing left.
Cups stacked in cupboard in tea/coffee, kids un-stacking dishwasher NEVER do this.
The list could go on......

Lol you just reminded me of another one... I have my wardrobe so orgnised (dont have a chest of drawers so everything hangs lol) from right to left I have my shorts, trousers, jeans, vest tops, short sleeved tops then short sleeved shirts/blouses, long sleeved top then long sleeved shits/blouses, Jumpers, light jackets, coats.

Then they are all in order if light to dark and my shoes are all neatly in the bottom "best shoes" in the back and everyday shoes in the front... again right to left... light to dark lol

Think I may need help

sarahjane
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Notes of money have to be in increasing amount all facing towards the inside of my purse.

It seems a few of us have a little OCD problem :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Lol you just reminded me of another one... I have my wardrobe so orgnised (dont have a chest of drawers so everything hangs lol) from right to left I have my shorts, trousers, jeans, vest tops, short sleeved tops then short sleeved shirts/blouses, long sleeved top then long sleeved shits/blouses, Jumpers, light jackets, coats.

Then they are all in order if light to dark and my shoes are all neatly in the bottom "best shoes" in the back and everyday shoes in the front... again right to left... light to dark lol

Think I may need help

You don't wanna see my wardrobe lol :blush:

Oh and have to load dishwasher myself, no one else can do it properly :laughing:

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Notes of money have to be in increasing amount all facing towards the inside of my purse.

Perhaps we should start a group "OCD annonymous"

I also do the money thing. DH laughs at me as one parent pays cash and her money is in no order so I take it out the envelope "organise" it put it back the trot off to the bank lol

singingcactus
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't do anything weird! If you do anything different to the way I do it's cos YOU'RE weird, not me! :p

Cammie Doodle
12-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Mmm I do most of the things mentioned :rolleyes:I also count things like rows of tiles etc . My money has to be in £100 bundles. My towels have to be put in the airing cupboard with the folded edge facing out and they are in size order piles .Oh my God I have a problem don't I ?

foxy lady
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Ha me and dd are like this ^^^, and crisp packets have to be opened the right way up!

I always have to check all the switches are off, even open the oven and make sure its cold :blush::laughing:

I am weird, even hubby wonders what hes got himself into :jump for joy:

me and oh were once on the way back from a long day out in the car he opened the last
pack of crisps for me to eat because i was STARVING :eek:when i looked at them he had opened them the wrong way up:angry:, i was soooooo mad refused to eat them and made him do a 10 min detour to a shop to buy me another pack which i opened myself:rolleyes:

betty boop
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
I have to put the toilet roll on the holder so that the end is over the top and not on the side touching the wall, I know... Im strange :)

Pipsqueak
12-01-2012, 02:30 PM
:p;):laughing:

WIERDO'S

honestly you have made me feel totally rational and normal!

~Chelle~
12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
OMG never thought I was weird, but I do a lot of the same sort of stuff, money in my purse starts with the smallest note upwards, clothes and hangers facing left in the wardrobe, opening a crisp packet the right way.

Also do the same with the eggs in the box, otherwise it looks odd, what a weirdo I am :laughing::laughing:

The Juggler
12-01-2012, 04:20 PM
you lot have made me feel weird for NOT having any weird habits now.:laughing::laughing:

I had a mindee's mum once who admitted being like this. She had all her shoes in the wardrobe with their boxes, shoes standing on top of the boxes. For fun, Her DH would purposely move one at bedtime and then see how long she could stand it before she had to get up and move it, as he knew she'd never go to sleep :laughing::laughing:

Trouble
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Has to wash the side down all the time:blush: hate water on my shiny sink and side in the kitchen:blush:

and washes my hands about 40 times a day:blush:

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
OMG never thought I was weird, but I do a lot of the same sort of stuff, money in my purse starts with the smallest note upwards, clothes and hangers facing left in the wardrobe, opening a crisp packet the right way.

Also do the same with the eggs in the box, otherwise it looks odd, what a weirdo I am :laughing::laughing:

Do the note thing in my purse :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Has to wash the side down all the time:blush: hate water on my shiny sink and side in the kitchen:blush:

and washes my hands about 40 times a day:blush:

Always washing sides down too ans HAVE to have a shiny sink :laughing:

stardust
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh dear

All my dvd's are in alphabetical order, I go nuts when someone puts them back wrong. - This is so I can find the one I want as I have hundreds.

All my mugs and glasses have to be placed in the cupboard upside down. - so they don't collect dust

I avoid walking over drains.

I don't like odd numbers, I hate being 21 and really want to be 22 as its even.

All my clothes hangers have to face the same way and all the ends of the hooks need to face inwards. I rearrange my mums when i'm at hers. - easier to get out when in a rush

All my cutlery in the drawer need to point inwards and in their correct slot
and are arranged knife, fork, table spoon,
then underneath teaspoons and baby spoons.

The toilet roll stand needs to be full so 4 rolls.
The toilet roll on the holder on the wall needs to roll away from the wall and if my partner leaves the cardboard bit on the holder i make him go and change it!

I'm not OCD honest :D

Ripeberry
12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't DO weird things I just THINK up weird things :laughing:

See my homepage if you're curious :thumbsup:

dette
12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
After reading this thread with all you "wierdo's" on i have decided that i am not wierd but i would like to be....one day when all of my 7 kids have grew up i will rearange my wardrobe ,sort my shoes and if im very lucky have more than change in my purse so i can put my money in order. roll on wierdness :)

mrsmaggy
12-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Same here, I also have to have the volume on an equal number, I have to put the toilet roll on so that the end is over the top, and my tea towels have to be folded a certain way, the chairs on the table have to be directly in line with each other, the door curtain has to hang to the right of the door....OMG theres so many more!!!

Kes
12-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I have to have the teaspoons all face the same way in the cutlery drawer. I also have to have the toilet roll on so the end is over the top and have even turned toilet rolls over in other peoples houses to do this as it drives me mad otherwise :blush:
If I have coins in my hand ready to pay someone or on the side in a pile I have to turn them all so the queens head is facing up on all of them. They also have to be in size order.

Playmate
12-01-2012, 10:16 PM
:p;):laughing:

WIERDO'S

honestly you have made me feel totally rational and normal!

So with you on this one totally bonkers the lot of you :laughing::laughing:

Blaze
13-01-2012, 01:10 AM
I do 99.9% of the things mentioned ...& there are many more as well!:blush::laughing::D

loopyloopy
13-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok here we go, these are the reasons my dh says I have OCD:

Towels all have to be folded the same way, colour co-ordinated and in their size group

All bottles in the bathroom window have to start from largest at the back

Butter has to go on the second shelf down, on the left at the front and lord help anybody who puts it in the wrong place :laughing:

Eggs have to be opposite the butter

Coffee sugar tea in that order from the left

I have joseph joseph chopping boards and they have to go back in their correct place or it mess's with the index

Cushions on the sofa have to left neatly before I go to bed

No crumbs are allowed to be left on the kitchen side

AND I will never eat a jelly egg (where the white is not cooked proporly) and will never drink tea that has been stewed yuck yuck yuck

There I think thats it :laughing:

My dh goes mad at me sometimes for all this but I just say that he is more than welcome to live in a pig sty somewhere else. I dont do dirt or mess

Gizmo
13-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I have to have all my towels rolled the same way, I must have toilet rolls with paper away from the wall and yes if yours is wrong I will change it........
I cant have any large toys in my living room from a friday pm until a monday am. I really cant do loud music (unless its of my choice) on a Saturday morning. I have to have an hour of me on an Saturday afternoon. I must have an empty washing and ironing basket every Sunday

mrs_scottydog
13-01-2012, 10:55 PM
After reading this thread I've decided that I'm relatively normal! Not sure others would agree with me though. Hx

LOOPYLISA
13-01-2012, 11:54 PM

Towels all have to be folded the same way, colour co-ordinated and in their size group

All bottles in the bathroom window have to start from largest at the back

Butter has to go on the second shelf down, on the left at the front and lord help anybody who puts it in the wrong place :laughing:

Eggs have to be opposite the butter

Coffee sugar tea in that order from the left

I have joseph joseph chopping boards and they have to go back in their correct place or it mess's with the index

Cushions on the sofa have to left neatly before I go to bed

No crumbs are allowed to be left on the kitchen side

AND I will never eat a jelly egg (where the white is not cooked proporly) and will never drink tea that has been stewed yuck yuck yuck

There I think thats it :laughing:

My dh goes mad at me sometimes for all this but I just say that he is more than welcome to live in a pig sty somewhere else. I dont do dirt or mess

No it goes tea, sugar coffee :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
14-01-2012, 10:50 AM
No it goes tea, sugar coffee :thumbsup:

Same in our house :D

Monkey26
14-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Yep! That's me... partner does it on purpose to see how long it takes for me to change it lol xx

Monkey26
14-01-2012, 10:56 AM

I do this one too! xx

Monkey26
14-01-2012, 11:02 AM

I also have these, i have the set that comes with the knifes and they all have to go back in the same place!!! xx

babs
14-01-2012, 11:19 AM
ok where do I start cup handles have to face same way, towels folded and fold out placed in airing cupboard in same size piles one cream one beige ,towels if left longer than five minutes on side end up in washer. notes in purse largest amount to smallest if I have 100 all have to face same way and note folded over to. socks placed in pairs son thinks its funny to wear odd ones bugs me..

mandy moo
14-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I have to put the toilet roll on the holder so that the end is over the top and not on the side touching the wall, I know... Im strange :)

And me :blush:

Jiorjiina
19-01-2012, 05:00 PM
1) All things must be in even numbers. Things which are not in even numbers, will be made so, by breaking one of something into two halves if necessary (this is usually food).

2) Food must be eaten in equal amounts on each side of my mouth. See also rule 1.

3) All things must be square. Things that are not square, will be made so. Forcibly if necessary.

4) Colours must be together. the only mixed colours which are acceptable, are green and yellow. See also rule 1.

5) Books must be arranged thusly: by subject, by author (alphabetically), by publishing date.

6) DVD's must be arranged by subject, then by year of release (film, not DVD).

7) Spelling and grammer must be corrected whereever possible. Forcibly if necessary.

There are more rules, but they're basically just sub rules of these.

I'm not weird though, I'm a perfectly normal me, thank you. ;)