PDA

View Full Version : Emergency cards

wonderwoman80
11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Just trying to get organised before my first graded inspection, wondered what every one else does about this? I have read a few good ideas but not sure if I put the childrens emergency details on or just me. Thought about every time we went out giving the children a card put it in their pocket etc to say they are minded children. But not sure this would work. Love some help.

Bob
11-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi, I made up cards for me and my wife. They are about 4" square and I printed them on the computer and laminated them.

On the front it says:

My name is ????? ????????
and I am a childminder.

The children accomanying
me may not be my own.

In an emergency please contact
one or more of the people listed
below.

Then I have name & Numbers
of three alternative childminders
who have agreed to help.

On the back, in quite small font
to fit them in are the first names and contact numbers of all the children who may be with me.

When we on a day out the children have a key ring attached to their clothing which has their first name and our mobile number.

We tell them that if they become lost they MUST stand still and wait for us to find them. They are allowed to let a grown up look at their key ring so the grown up can phone us. We stress that they must NOT go anywhere with the grown up but just stand still till we find them.

That's our system now and thank God we've never had to try it out for real.

We tend to never let them out of our sight.

rickysmiths
11-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I carry a mini approx 2.5" x 3.5". In it I have a photo of me with my children and a sheet with all my contact details and what school/Uni my children are at with phone numbers.

The each child has their photo, a signed emergency treatment form which also has their doctors name and phone number on, a list of all my consents and permissions signed and a sheet with their parents names and contact details and their emergency contact and the days and time the child would normally be in my care.

When we are out for the day the children wear a wrist band with my mobile number and it says they are with their childminder. I would never put their name visibly or otherwise on them.

I hate seeing all the children going into school with their names all over the outside of their lunch boxes and book bags. I never did this to may children, their names were on them but not on full view to the world! Just my pet hate!!

A local nursery uses brown parcel labels attached to the children's coat collar. :eek:

Carol M
12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
I have emergency contact details in a little plastic file in my changing bag. Each child in my care, and me, have tel no's and doctors tel no etc.
All numbers are in my phone. I also have an emergency contact book in the car with details in too. I have a little pocket in the passenger side footwell of my car that this book is visible from.
I have post it notes in the childrens pockets with my mobile no on and the smalls wear the wrist straps with my number on.
Thankfully, I have never lost a child.
Carol xx

miffy
12-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I made my own contact cards and laminated them. I carry them round on a keyring.

My card has similar details to Bob's; the children each have their own card with all their contact details on plus details of any allergies on the front, the reverse carries the permission to seek emergency treatment statement and is signed by parent.

I don't have photos on the cards.

Keeping them on a keyring means it's easy to take off the cards of children who are not with me that day.

HTH's

Miffy xx

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 09:59 AM
I have emergency cards for all the kids, including my own and we use them EVERYTIME we go out

I have Name, DOB, Parents names and numbers, Doctors and allergy info and their photo.

I also have one myself because I am on quite a lot of medications so it lists all of them, it also states I am a CM and I may have XY and Z with me who are minded children, Details in their pockets

Bob
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Rickysmiths, why would you be so against a child's name being visible?

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 08:17 PM

I dont like that either... It is so easy for a stranger to call a child over and pretend to be some they are not... "X hey its Y I am a friend of your mums she is at my house and asked if I could pick you up"

Names on a concealed card that will only get used if a child is lost is different

dette
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM
my mindees all have little backpacks that have a walking strap attatched and i put a little laminated emergency contact card inside them

chez
13-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I hate seeing all the children going into school with their names all over the outside of their lunch boxes and book bags. I never did this to may children, their names were on them but not on full view to the world! Just my pet hate!!

As children we had our name on the outside of our lunch box until one day when we caught the bus with mum and the bus driver said "Hi Claire a good day at school?" to my sister. Mum was a bit puzzled how he knew her name as he wasnt someone she knew. The driver pointed out that she saw it on her lunch box. Needless to say we had new lunch boxes the next day. Mum was really woken to the fact that it was very easy for anyone to approach us and often if the childs name is known to the "stranger" the child will asume they arent one otherwise they wouldnt know their name....

We have a leather small credit card holder which our local childminding network sells. It says registered childminder on the front.

Each child has a card, on the card is their - photo, name, address, dob, any known medical conditions, docs details and parents sig.

We didnt used to have their photos on them but realised if we were in an accident and we werent able to give details the children may not be able to say who they are

Kirstylob
31-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the tips on ID cards, it's something I've been meaning to do for sometime and just needed the info to put on them.

I like the idea of using wristbands, where do you get them from?

Thanks, Kirsten

Carol M
01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the tips on ID cards, it's something I've been meaning to do for sometime and just needed the info to put on them.

I like the idea of using wristbands, where do you get them from?

Thanks, Kirsten
i get my plastic wrist bands from NCMA
Carol x

rickysmiths
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM

Sorry i have only just seen this. Because of Stranger Danger. No child should have their name visable because a stranger could go up to them and call them by name. I hate to see school children with their names all over lunch boxes and book bags.

We are recommended not to put our pets names on their tags, just a contact number so why would we put our children's names all over them?

rickysmiths
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
i get my plastic wrist bands from NCMA
Carol x

They don't do the flexible ones any more Carol.

Carol M
01-02-2012, 05:43 PM
What a shame. The flexible ones come from health supplies site, like the ones you get when in hospital but have to buy large quantity.
Carol x