PDA

View Full Version : What topics do you use??

stardust
11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I am looking to add a monthly topic to my planning and am just looking for ideas as to what i can use.

I definitely want to have
* All about me
* People who help us
* Animals
* Transport

Am also thinking about something along the lines of healthy eating so maybe
* What we eat and where it comes from.
Cooking with the food.

I already have a fruit and veg of the month so don't want a fruit and veg month as we do lots with of senses- touch, smell taste ect and messy play with it.

All suggestions welcome x

Thanks In advance x

mrs c
11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I always do the seasons and Easter and Christmas has so much to do it always covers all of December; They cover 6 months of the year and we constantly find new things to do for them. the sea; safety - break it up into road safety, fire safety, home safety. The environment, what happens to our rubbish, recycling People of the world and look at where people live, what they eat, how they talk and dress paper dolls in different costumes - Sorry but tired, my brain won't function and my planning file is downstairs. at least its a few more for you. You should have a look at Sarah's books. They are really good and there will definately be something there to help you .

betty boop
12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Minibeasts is a good one and places can break it down into seaside, countryside, towns :)

stardust
12-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I always do the seasons and Easter and Christmas has so much to do it always covers all of December; They cover 6 months of the year and we constantly find new things to do for them. the sea; safety - break it up into road safety, fire safety, home safety. The environment, what happens to our rubbish, recycling People of the world and look at where people live, what they eat, how they talk and dress paper dolls in different costumes - Sorry but tired, my brain won't function and my planning file is downstairs. at least its a few more for you. You should have a look at Sarah's books. They are really good and there will definately be something there to help you .

Each month I'm going to do the season, a festival and celebration and a topic! Plus each child's individual planning :)

Twinkle-Toes
12-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I have 12 monthly topics that are split into 4 key ideas. These run along side seasons, festivals, any special occasions etc

I do find there is quite a bit of cross over but my topics are only really a fall back plan for if no one has any particular interests that day!