PDA

View Full Version : Time periods for registration? - Kent area

little_lady
11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi ladies - I am booked onto a briefing session on the 8th of February. Very roughly, how long does it take to complete registration assuming I don't hang about? I was hoping to be registered by the end of May, would this be feasible?

Also one other question: where I live (Kent) I have been told by the authorities that I need to do a (free) four day course after the briefing; do I still need to complete another course after I have been registered, or is this all that is required? I'm confused!!

sarah707
11-01-2012, 06:11 PM
You should ask Kent - Kent FIS post on the forum so they might see your thread. I will change the title for you.

Approximate timings - finish pre-registration course, send forms to Ofsted, wait a few weeks for them to come out.

Also you will need to submit doctor's check and CRB forms and wait up to 2 months for those to come back...

Hth :D

Toothfairy
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi
I live in Tonbridge, Kent.
It took me 9 months to register from start to finish.
To become registered I had to do;
*Introduction briefing
*ICP course + exam (every saturday for 5 weeks)
*CRB checks for myself & hubby
*Doctor's checks
*Safe guarding course
*12hr Peadiactric course

I had to push & push to get registered. I was on the phone nearly every few days.
The briefing session was canceled and I was told I couldn't do the ICP course until I had been on a briefing session, so I had to wait for another to get booked. Then the ICP course in T/wells I was booked on also got cancelled so I had to wait for the next course, which was in Maidstone. I then had to wait 4 months until there was a first aid course near me with spaces available.

It was a real headache trying to get registered but it was worth the wait.

Good luck, hopefully you won't have my bad luck and get registered quicker :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Kent are you?

little_lady
12-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi
I live in Tonbridge, Kent.
It took me 9 months to register from start to finish.
To become registered I had to do;
*Introduction briefing
*ICP course + exam (every saturday for 5 weeks)
*CRB checks for myself & hubby
*Doctor's checks
*Safe guarding course
*12hr Peadiactric course

I had to push & push to get registered. I was on the phone nearly every few days.
The briefing session was canceled and I was told I couldn't do the ICP course until I had been on a briefing session, so I had to wait for another to get booked. Then the ICP course in T/wells I was booked on also got cancelled so I had to wait for the next course, which was in Maidstone. I then had to wait 4 months until there was a first aid course near me with spaces available.

It was a real headache trying to get registered but it was worth the wait.

Good luck, hopefully you won't have my bad luck and get registered quicker :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Kent are you?

Thanks for your help! I am in Dartford. I'm trying to collate all the info at the moment so I know exactly what I have to do...

betty boop
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Hi time scale varies I was registered 5 months after I sent of my application that was a year ago but a friend of mine has just become registered only a month after sending off her application