PDA

View Full Version : SEE... SEEEEEEE I TOLD YOU

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Peppa Pig (and her annoying family ) IS BAD for your (and your children).

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe I told ya I told ya...

http://blog.nurseryworld.co.uk/2012/01/11/is-peppa-pig-really-making-toddlers-naughty/

cabby
11-01-2012, 01:08 PM
ooooh i cant watch it, she makes my blood boil :angry::angry::angry:

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 01:13 PM
BBQ the darned Pig.

I cannot be in the same room as 'it'.

Son loves it though

onceinabluemoon
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Don't watch it! Saw it one time and was appalled.

AliceK
11-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I must be in the minority then as I see nothing wrong with it. DD loves it. I actually took part in a radio discussion about this earlier this week and I was so annoyed to hear parents blaming their childrens unwanted behaviour on PP my reaction to the radio station was that these parents need to get a grip and learn how to parent properly. Stop blaming your childrens behaviour on a silly cartoon pig and take a look a bit closer to home.
Sorry, don't want to insult anyone :blush:

xxxx

kellib
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't mind Peppa, some episodes are quite fun :)

The only thing my son used to copy was George's crying, every time he didn't get his own way or something he wanted he would burst into tears ala George!

Natternic
11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I dont think theres anything wrong with Peppa pig either,Alice K you are not a minority!
Its one of the few programs that is watchable.

maisiemog
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I've always though that Peppa was a spoilt brat. I have no problems with the fact that cos of it my DD loves jumping in puddles...I think children dont do that enough!!! However, she gets away with murder and my DD thinks she can as well, some of that I know is because of Peppa!!! I now avoid it like the plague!!! Also hate Dora as well.....my daughter ran off to go exploring thanks to that one!!! Thankfully in an enclosed area but still scared the life out of me!

Penny1959
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Like all things Peppa is ok in moderation - my mindees love Peppa Pig (and so do my twin grandsons)

If children are watching 15 mins (ish) at a time and have an adult in the room to support any questions/ explain things then I think Peppa is fine - and sometimes I am glad for 10 - 15 mins of peace!

Actually I find some of the adult directed comments / scenes quite funny. Such as Peppa asking Daddy Pig what is wrong with Pink(as a football shirt)

Daddy Pig having an 'emergency' because he can't find the tomato sauce

And Mummy Pig effortlessly putting up the picture when Daddy Pig had knocked the wall down in his attempt.

Oh - it seems I am a bit too familiar with Peppa Pig Stories :laughing:

Penny :)

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I HATE Peppa Pig and family because my sister and her husband seem to have modelled themselves and children on Peppa Pig. They talk like them, squall like them, giggle like them and daddy (BIL) has taken to actually being (mannerisms) and grunting/snorting like Daddy Pug.

I actually also find some of the gender-typing and gender put downs pretty darned awful within the programme

Pigs are for BBQ (sorry veggie people) particuarly this particular pig.

Personally I find the blaming of Peppa Pug as a whole wrong , however its is known though plenty of research that tv and video games can and do influence childrens behaviour... what it comes down to is good control and discipline (guidance) from the adults in that childs life.

nipper
11-01-2012, 02:25 PM
My step son now 13 was the part of the generation of children who watched the teletubbies. He had to be referred to a speech therapist at the age of 4 because he spoke in the same way as the damn teletubbies...eh-oh

AliceK
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Personally I find the blaming of Peppa Pug as a whole wrong , however its is known though plenty of research that tv and video games can and do influence childrens behaviour... what it comes down to is good control and discipline (guidance) from the adults in that childs life.

Exactly. Agree totally :thumbsup:

xx

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
have I mentioned that the Pig should be BBQ'd?:D

EmmaReed84
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Peppa Pig is an angel compared to Tom and Jerry...

...Parents who blame their kids behaviour on PP are probably of the age who watched Tom and Jerry and I am sure they didn't get up to the things T&J did... Could you imagine it... Child boils tail of cat and smacks with a mallet??? :laughing::laughing:

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 02:47 PM
i have met (been forced to by my small child) Peppa Pig on several occasions and believe me she is no angel....

she is a being from a horror film and all I have wanted to do it beat the thing up! lol (I hate the night garden too! )

AliceK
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM

...Parents who blame their kids behaviour on PP are probably of the age who watched Tom and Jerry and I am sure they didn't get up to the things T&J did... Could you imagine it... Child boils tail of cat and smacks with a mallet??? :laughing::laughing:

My DD loves T&J, she's 4 and she knows it's not real and would never attempt to do anything T&J do. I grew up with T&J and I turned out OK :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

AliceK
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Wait until your children get a bit older and get into Horrid Henry, that'll throw up a few challenges :laughing:

xxx

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Wait until your children get a bit older and get into Horrid Henry, that'll throw up a few challenges :laughing:

xxx

I have one into Horrid Henry too!

and another into COD!

the challenges are endless...... lol

just peppa pig does my nut in ...

uf353432
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
You know much of childrens TV now leaves alot to be desired - there is plenty of characters who I would not want my children to model themselves on - Ben and Holly is another in a similar vein. However I do think that PP is more of a satire based on alot of families today. I do agree that parents need to step up and look closer to home before accusing these programmes of completely influencing their children. But then these are the same parents who seek out someone to blame.

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
You know much of childrens TV now leaves alot to be desired - there is plenty of characters who I would not want my children to model themselves on - Ben and Holly is another in a similar vein. However I do think that PP is more of a satire based on alot of families today. I do agree that parents need to step up and look closer to home before accusing these programmes of completely influencing their children. But then these are the same parents who seek out someone to blame.

oh Ben and Holly - don;t even get me started.. the witch/magician woman sounds like she is a token representation of 'common' people with 'that' accent AND they patronising way she speaks to people oh oh oh grrrrrrrrrrr

Maza
11-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I love Peppa Pig - it really makes me laugh! Hate 'The Bopps' with a passion. Can't grab the remote quickly enough when that comes on.

PixiePetal
11-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I hate Peppa Pig!!

there I said it! Spit roast the pig :thumbsup:

nikki thomson
11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
My two girls who have just turned 4 and 6 love peppa, my eldest since she was about 2, we have all the toys and we took them to peppa pig land at paultons park and the look on there faces was so amazing, it will stay with me forever.....,go peppa she has given my girls the most amazing childhood memories......, they do know she's not real and yes they love splashing in muddy puddles, isn't that what wellies were invented for?!!!!. X

EmmaReed84
11-01-2012, 06:02 PM
My two girls who have just turned 4 and 6 love peppa, my eldest since she was about 2, we have all the toys and we took them to peppa pig land at paultons park and the look on there faces was so amazing, it will stay with me forever.....,go peppa she has given my girls the most amazing childhood memories......, they do know she's not real and yes they love splashing in muddy puddles, isn't that what wellies were invented for?!!!!. X

I did that WAAAAAAAY before Peppa Pig... I love watching my kids do it (when in wellies and not on the way to school lol) they just get sooo much enjoyment.

Another reason I love Peppa... I made £80 because my friends little girl LOVES PP and she wanted a PP cake making and who was there offering the baking skills??? Everyone loved and I got another order for one... She is soo easy to do as well lol

stardust
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM
What do you guys think of rasta mouse??

EmmaReed84
11-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Cracks me up :laughing::laughing::laughing:

My kids put on the accent it is toooo funny

FussyElmo
11-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I hate most childrens tv. Bbq the pig, put posion down for any mice or rats. Give Norman an asbo in fireman sam and its about time cutbacks happened in Pontypandy. Does Postman Pat really need a helicopter?

But the day i blame the tv for any of my childrens behaviour.......................

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 06:42 PM

Not seen it but I take it he (she?) is a Rastafarian Mouse?

Yeah to Spit roasting the Pig:clapping::clapping:

francinejayne
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I like Peppa Pig! I find her quite amusing, and my DS adores her!

I also think that people who blame their children's behaviour on TV programmes need a major wake up call, and should perhaps be spending more time influencing their children instead of plonking them in front of the TV and letting it do it instead! I think it is lazy parenting to blame TV programmes!

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 08:16 PM
I also think that people who blame their children's behaviour on TV programmes need a major wake up call, and should perhaps be spending more time influencing their children instead of plonking them in front of the TV and letting it do it instead! I think it is lazy parenting to blame TV programmes!

But TV/DVD/GAMES are shown to be able to influence children/people. (The murder of James Bulger springs to mind). and in todays society where lazy parenting is more or less the norm - what hope is there really?

Ok so its a cartoon character in this instance (and my hatred of the Pig stems from something else other than the 'bad behaviour' lol) and I think children, with guidance from responsible parents/carers/adults learn what is acceptable -ie from Tom and Jerry through to Peppa.

onceinabluemoon
11-01-2012, 08:19 PM
So.... If peppa pig took revolting rudeness one step further and started saying bad words such as "crap" would you still think tv does not influence the child's behaviour or that it's ok because you can sit there with them and talk about it? Not nitpicking just interested in how far the writers could go with bratty behaviour before parents turned off.

Question not directed at any one person just generally x

Pinkrose
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM

Totally agree

Pipsqueak
11-01-2012, 08:43 PM
So.... If peppa pig took revolting rudeness one step further and started saying bad words such as "crap" would you still think tv does not influence the child's behaviour or that it's ok because you can sit there with them and talk about it? Not nitpicking just interested in how far the writers could go with bratty behaviour before parents turned off.

Question not directed at any one person just generally x

I fully believe and can see that my neices are Peppa Pig followers and are influenced by her. (Seriously Peppa Pig is a CULT **note I said CULT lol** and is eventually going to try to dominate the world - she is that weird).

Peppa is disgusting spolit, bratty and already revoltingly rude and disgustingly precocious - shudder

sorry not answering your question because I DO believe that whats on tv does influence children. I allowed my son to watch bits and bobs of Peppa - he adored the whiney whingey crybaby George and I fully believe that is why James wowls like he does (or used to)...

Happy Bunny
11-01-2012, 09:34 PM
You can analyse everything from children's tv programmes and find fault with it.
My daughter loves Peppa pig, When Peppa is rude I point this out saying that's not a nice thing to say is it. It can be used as a good tool to point out bad behaviour.
Look at older children's programmes like Tracey Beaker that certainly encourages rudeness.
Look at programmes from years ago like Captain pugwash with Master Bates and Able Seaman.
What about the Magic Roundabout and adult innuendos.

AliceK
11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Everything children watch can influence their behaviour but if we are bringing them up correctly to know right from wrong and what is acceptable then it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise we may as well ban them from watching anything. Yes they will "copy" some of the things they see and hear but if they are corrected they learn surely.
xx

FussyElmo
12-01-2012, 08:24 AM
But its the same as everything as long as they are experiencing a broad range of "life" if you must peppa pig and other tv programmes wont be an issue.

My children watched horrid henry at the weekend they wont now think its acceptable to put gloop onto top of a door to get people because they know thats not acceptable.

Its not the program that the issue its the parenting and instead of blaming the program blame the parent.

The Juggler
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
:laughing::laughing: at you lot. I've never seen a single episode of peppa pig but all my mindees watch it at home and love it.

I never knew Peppa and george were so naughty :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Who, what, why :idea:

Can you tell i have a teenager :laughing: